Trump paid only $750 in taxes in 2016 and again in 2017

Just a great guy all around, lets vote him in again. The crazy nutters and ancient thinkers think he’s their friend… he has them conned too! He is a slick NY guy, he ate them for dinner in the last election, see if they fall for his crap again.

“Trump paid just $750 in federal income taxes in 2016, the year he won. He paid just $750 in 2017, his first year in office. And he paid no income taxes in 10 of the previous 15 years”

“Also hanging over him is a decade-long audit battle with the Internal Revenue Service over the legitimacy of a $72.9 million tax refund that he claimed, and received, after declaring huge losses. An adverse ruling could cost him more than $100 million.”

4 Likes

any laws broken?

3 Likes

Could you provide commentary about this link, you know, like the ToS calls for?

2 Likes

Sound like a successful business man to you? Wasn’t that the only thing on his resume when he ran for Potus?

yeah. he’s something else

so, any laws broken?

If Obama did the same thing…ah never mind, most of his supporters won’t give a ■■■■■

2 Likes

oh. probly…

so, where’d trump break the law here?

Any prosecutor worth his weight isn’t going to reveal that until they have to (likely in discovery).

Most likely…he already had to pay off a fraud settlement didn’t he?

seems likely. Like claiming properties were business investments while his sons claim they are for personal use.

But I just skimmed it.

so, no

This isn’t some big revelation, most people know he’s a grifter and a con man. I predict a lot of water carrying for Trumpsters. Let the spin begin…

6 Likes

Hmm - there is this from the article below:

“He had paid no income taxes at all in 10 of the previous 15 years – largely because he reported losing much more money than he made.”

Pardon me for asking, but what the hell kind of “successful businessman” loses money in 10 of the last 15 years??? I think with that kind of track record, I’d realize I was in the wrong business.

2 Likes

got any laws broken?

or is this colbert level hysteria?

No wonder he tried to hide them so desperately.

A normal person would be deeply ashamed of such a history, even if everything was 100% legal.

Trump, of course, is pathologically incapable of feeling shame.

But on an intellectual level, such returns do not reflect a high level of personal financial competence.

I will leave any speculation regarding criminal activity to the SDNY and New York State Attorneys.

9 Likes

this shows hard pan partisan bias

any laws broken?

the more trump avoids taxes (legally) the more im impressed

If you read the article, it appears so.

To the tune of possibly owing $100 Million in back taxes and fines, with additional taxes being owed to states and localities if the deduction is disallowed.

.WW, PSHS

Fine I’ll be the one to say it, how long has the Times been sitting on these to drop them at the worst possible moment.

4 Likes

That is what the NY AG is currently investigating.

Trump released his tax returns finally?