Trump paid only $750 in taxes in 2016 and again in 2017

I also love when billionaires pay less in taxes than I do. I love it even more when that billionaire is also overseeing tax cuts for those same billionaires.

No laws were broken, that means it’s all cool

7 Likes

Breaking: news conference live now… Trump called it fake news

im not surprised at all.

of course its its fake news all he has to do is release the tax returns he promised…

"Elect me for a second term…

… … … … I need to run out the statute of limitations." ~~ Donald J. Trump
[Yes, this is a joke.]
.WW, PSHS

Of course he did. :rofl:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1310338552685834248?s=21

Lol - in other words, it’s true.

2 Likes

he could release his taxes and clear it all up but we know he wont.

so we can assume its true

1 Like

Yeah, because the NYT uncovered something the IRS didn’t.

i keep seeing “possibly” and “likely”

i am expecting there will be a parade of october surprises by the idea less democrats in weeks to come

you wont blame me for being skeptical

trump can clear it up by releasing his taxes like he said he would.

but until that happens and given his repeated lies we can assume the NYT is accurate…

5 Likes

Trump walked away when asked why he pays less taxes than any American. :rofl:

Anyone here paid more that $750 in taxes in 2016 and 2017?

7 Likes

We have no idea what the IRS has or hasn’t uncovered. We only know that if they have uncovered anything, they haven’t made it public.

Yes, Trump’s a terrible person. That doesn’t make the one-party rule that Democrats are now campaigning on any more attractive.

1 Like

So how did they illegally obtain his records?

He is personally responsible for loans and other debts totaling $421 million, with most of it coming due within four years. Should he win, his lenders could be placed in the unprecedented position of whether to foreclose on a sitting president. :rofl:

How did they illegally obtain his records?

If you don’t have any income in a particular year, how much would you be expected to pay in income taxes?
You do realize that if you have a loss in one year, you can carry that forward into future years dont you? Otherwise, you could lose a million dollars during a 10 year period and have to pay a huge income tax bill. There is a reason for most income tax laws.
But I’m sure the NYTs would never have income tax lawyers look for every legal break they could take.

What gets me is there are still people out there who take the NYTs to be a more serious or reliable newspaper than Breitbart.

2 Likes

Probably Mary Trump? Mazars USA? Weisselberg? :man_shrugging:t4:

A source, one would assume.

Republicans gleefully raised taxes on New York plumbers, carpenters, and first responders because the SALT deduction was so abhorrent to their fiscal sensibilities.

I assume they’ll pursue a New York multi-billionaire who paid less than a thousand dollars of income taxes with the same enthusiasm.

1 Like