Trump Orders Declassification

The IG report about the Hillary investigation came out nearly a year ago. It concluded that the DOJ was correct to not file any criminal charges against Hillary.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/nine-takeaways-inspector-generals-report-clinton-email-investigation

1 Like

It’s funny how he orders all departments to cooperate for his stuff but anything else is deny deny deny

It’s like the mafia and Republican men are swallowing it.

“tHiS sHoUlD bE iNtErEsTiNg…”

If nothing else Trump and his gang brought their New York City corruption and mixed it with DC corruption.

All the four-year-old children in this country are gonna have to fix this mess.

At first I thought that the whole Trump tower surveillance (wiretapping) thing was just another shinny object he needed at the time. Now I wonder if he really believes all of these conspiracy theories that are kicking around. I can understand that he wants the whole spying thing as a campaign issue. But if this is a nothing burger get ready to see Benghazi investigations size spending.

Interesting take…and I have no doubt they are.

And it’s going to get worst, not to mention they’re going to drag this out.

Hillary is free and clear…Comey fail on her sword for her.

FBI Deputy General Counsel Trisha Anderson said she was normally responsible for signing off on Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act applications before they reached the desk of her superiors for approval. Anderson said the “linear path” those applications typically take was upended in October 2016, with FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe and Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates signing off on the application before she did.

Uh oh. It’s starting to unravel.

3 Likes

Sounds like they weren’t/circumvention normal channels of precaution, safe guards that were in place to prevent this abuse from high level involvement.

But Anderson stressed “in this particular case, I’m drawing a distinction because my boss and my boss’ boss had already reviewed and approved this application.” She emphasized “this one was handled a little bit differently in that sense, in that it received very high-level review and approvals — informal, oral approvals — before it ever came to me for signature.”

Anderson said that FISA approvals are typically “tracked in a linear fashion” and that someone in the Senior Executive Service “is the final approver on hard copy before a FISA goes to the director or deputy director for signature.” She said the Page FISA was approved outside regular procedures.

“Because there were very high-level discussions that occurred about the FISA,” Anderson said she believed that meant “the FISA essentially had already been well-vetted all the way up through at least the Deputy Director [McCabe] level on our side and through the DAG [Yates] on the DOJ side.” Yates had already signed the application by the time it made it to Anderson’s desk.

2 Likes

Asked why this FISA application was different, Anderson said she believed “the sensitivity level of this particular FISA resulted in lots of very high-level attention both within the FBI and DOJ.”

Possibly to Loretta Lynch? Obama administration?

1 Like

The type of basement-dwelling enthusiast paranoia on display this week has been absolute comedy gold. Worms get eaten when they emerge. lol

Credit goes to

2 Likes

We’ve had two years of trying to peg Trump for colluding with Russia without tying this in to why we should or shouldn’t be looking into collusion in the first place. Why wasn’t that part of the the Special Counsel authorization? Don’t talk about selective investigations.

Really? I’m going to need to see a few YouTube videos.

“By the Book”…as Rice emailed to herself.

In the words of Mike Lange…Look out Loretta!!

:ice_hockey:

2 Likes

It’s still hilarious you malign contemporaneous memos by people who make decisions they know will later be scrutinized to death.

If she didn’t memo it, you’d be up her ass about post hoc justifications.

It was a real time justification. Why do you email yourself that you are going to be doing something “by the book”? Because you know you are on thin ice and want documentation established.

Funny coming from Schiff.

Seems to me he believe in two tier system. One for us…and one for THEM.

Or he believe that they’re above the laws.

I knew I should have patent the rights to weaponized.

2 Likes