Trump Orders Declassification

https://www.lawfareblog.com/presidential-memorandum-barr-review

Sec. 2. Declassification and Downgrading. With respect to any matter classified under Executive Order 13526 of December 29, 2009 (Classified National Security Information), the Attorney General may, by applying the standard set forth in either section 3.1(a) or section 3.1(d) of Executive Order 13526, declassify, downgrade, or direct the declassification or downgrading of information or intelligence that relates to the Attorney General’s review referred to in section 1 of this memorandum. Before exercising this authority, the Attorney General should, to the extent he deems it practicable, consult with the head of the originating intelligence community element or department. This authority is not delegable and applies notwithstanding any other authorization or limitation set forth in Executive Order 13526.

To the Mods: What @Safiel always says

This is an interesting move. I can’t wait 5o see what happens next. Sounds like somebody might have been refusing Barr?

2 Likes

"Trump also ordered the intelligence community to cooperate with Barr. The memo read: "The heads of elements of the intelligence community… and the heads of each department or agency that includes an element of the intelligence community shall promptly provide such assistance and information as the Attorney General may request in connection with that review."

The remedy here is a little more straightforward than refusing a subpoena. If you refuse an order, its insubordination and out the door.

1 Like

It’s way past time to get this show on the road and uncover the real cover up. If what appears to be…is? This will be a bad time for the United States of America and it doesn’t matter which side of the aisle you’re on. This will negatively affect all of us but it needs to be done, to hinder it ever happening again.

On another note, I can’t wait to hear Nancy stutter in denial.

3 Likes

Dont get your hopes up. Everything coming out of DC and the news seems like a teaser for a commercial break. Then nothing happens. I think this whole thing will end up like Hillary’s email. Those on the right, know what she did was wrong and that she should be jailed, but those on the left just dont care.

3 Likes

History says…you are spot on. I was just hoping that this one time, “we” could take this to a conclusion.

3 Likes

Me too.

1 Like

So charge her already. My god. What is Barr waiting for?

…IG Micheal Horrowitz’s report?

I fully agree…I suspect there was some type of deal put in place so that she would not be charged. Military members have been incarcerated for doing far less than her with classified information security. I dont care about intent. I care about what she did.

that’s about the start of the Mueller probe, not HRC’s emails.

1 Like

You think HRC made a deal with trump so he would order his DoJ not to prosecute her?

The excuses are changing every day now.

3 Likes

News flash…they’re related. :sunglasses:

I tend to agree. The MSM will largely ignore or will minimize anything that does come out. House DEMs endless investigations and efforts to discredit Barr will drown out the releases.

But to be fair, DEMs don’t care because they will vote DEM regardless. That is exactly what I will do in 2020. No matter what happens I will vote Republican.

So let me get this straight…

Trump will authorize blanket demands to declassify anything related to the origins of a investigation into HIM… but the FISA warrant specifically… hasn’t yet been declassified, like he stated he would do.

How dumb does he think we are?

4 Likes

You got her now!

Jer and comey are going to be indicted any day now…

3 Likes

He knows exactly how dumb Trumpists are. That’s all he needs to know.

Giving Attorney General Mitchell license to selectively declassify sure seems like a recipe for, well, selective declassification.

Why does he need Horrowitz’s report to charge Hillary?

Oh but when they start to pull threads. Who’s common between the two?

What does an IG report have to do with Hillary’s emails? Can you explain it to those of us not fully onboard the Trump train?