Trump offical facebook AD removed due to nazi comparisons

You find it hard to believe that I would familiarize myself with every symbol that NAZIs used for various purposes? That would seem to be a waste of time to me. I find it hard to believe that you were yourself familiar with the supposed significance of a red upside down triangle for years. Yes, of course I have heard of NAZIs using a jewish star to identify Jews. I have heard of NAZIs using a swastika as a symbol. I had never heard of an upside down red triangle…believe what you want to believe.

No one doubts they may have used those shapes. The doubt is that was the intent in the ad, or that it had anything to do with it.
Or that this was a commonly associated symbol.

I could care less what you believe.
I think, personally, a lot of people are pretending to be familiar with that symbol who were not.

1 Like

No, I’m surprised that you appear to be entirely unaware that it happened at all.

I won’t speak ill of your education, but I learned all this in elementary school - complete with a school trip to the Holocaust Museum. Most of it I already knew at that point, since I grew up around Holocaust survivors.

What about the Pink Triangle? Had you heard of that before today?

So - if the obvious reference wasn’t the intent, what was?

The “it’s just random clip art” argument doesn’t work.

I have made it clear that it was not an obvious reference. Why would Facebook have an emoji that was an obvious NAZI reference? Do they have swastika emojis at Facebook?

That’s not going to work either.

This isn’t about just the symbol. It’s about the context in which it was used.

Sorry. The whole thing is a pretense. It is another pathetic conspiracy theory.

No, it really isn’t. But I understand it is easier for you to pretend it is.

1 Like

Did you see the ad? Seems really obvious in context.

1 Like

Are you upset Antifa might get some blow back? Get used to it.

Trump could shoot someone on 5th avenue, slap concentration camp tag on the body while yelling “Juneteenth aint got nothing on me” and still his supporters would not waver.

3 Likes

Why do you doubt it?

In the context of the actual ad, what would the red triangle mean?

Good one bro sick burn!!

It just looked cool and pretty ok? What’s wrong with a random yuge red triangle?

1 Like

It really is. It is ludicrous to pretend that the Trump campaign would knowingly use a NAZI symbol as part of their advertising. Thoroughly insane. First, red is an obvious Antifa color. And the NAZIs did not have ownership of triangles.
There are a limited number of shapes.
This is like reading signs into the stars.

Nah. 5th avenue syndrom is real.

Of course. It’s not like it’s already happened…

Why would it be insane?

Red and black are antifa colors. As far as the triangle, NAZIs do not own that. Nor do most people associate traingles with NAZIs. I correct that. Before yesterday they didn’t. Now they say they did.