Trump looking to buy Greenland?

The President is going to outflank that… just you watch.

1 Like

Ahh- the Mercator projection.

Likely Trump would like to buy Greenland just to put his name in the history books. Preferable name would be The Trump Purchase.

1 Like

It is a clever move as China tries to corner the market on rare earth metals, Trump looks to what is available.

Is it painful to be wrong so often?

:orange_square:

He has done nothing, and he will do nothing.

:clown_face:

How is proposing something that is never ever ever ever going to happen a clever move?

It is strange this notion of who is wrong and who is right.

There is no move. It’s not in the realm of happening.

:hocho:

Saf explained how it would work and it is a clever idea.

Good to see you post through the pain of wrongfulness.

That isn’t happening either.

Really weird to claim some sort of victory over something that isn’t ever going to happen.

1 Like

Life is full of complex oddities and often opportunities if you can see them.

Too bad you cannot.

The President is said to pursue something that is not going to happen, it is being praised as genius and the people who are rightfully saying that it was never going to happen are being derided as being the dumb ones.

It is bonkers.

2 Likes

What is bonkers is saying never when you have no idea what may or may not transpire.

It is hubris and wishful prophesy with no basis in fact.

Saf explained the technical and political advantage to taking over as protectorate from Denmark.

I hope Trump follows through.

(orange man bad…have darn good idea sometimes though…confused)

I am not making an “Orange Man Bad” argument.

This is what I am seeing here.

It is reported that the President is proposing something that will never never never ever ever ever happen.

An anonymous poster on an internet politics board comes up with the only plausible way that something like that might be kinda close as to what the President is proposing but is in no way near accomplishing the stated goal.

Then other posters take that idea… which is not the one that the President is proposing by the way… and proclaim that the President has won a victory and that the one’s who poo poo the idea are “outflanked”

That is what is bonkers.

2 Likes

That’s funny no matter what your politics!

But just dont forget it was a dem, Hank Johnson from Ga, who thought if we put 8k troops on Guam, it may tip over and capsize.

Not if you’re an astronaut.

Odd thing to obsess on, but far from the most insane of his impulses.

And, looking at how the US treats Puerto Rico, Guam and the other protectorates, as well as how the US kept its treaty with Taiwan, Greenland is going to say “no”.

I’ll admit I’m nitpicking. But there really would be no need to hire illegals to shovel snow, as American citizens do it now for crap pay. What would be the point?

I don’t think we have many Inuit people in the United States like in Greenland. That would be pretty cool to add that diversity…

Alysia-Ashoona-and-Karla-Evaluarjuk

1 Like

Alaska, my man.

Founding site of the Inuit Circumpolar Council.