Trump “Looking Into” Removing Security Clearances of his “Enemies”

Sweet Lord.

We’re on the highway to fascism full stop.

2 Likes

I thought I heard Michael Hayden’s name as well.

1 Like

Thanks for the giving him the idea, Rand Paul.

2 Likes

No, this isn’t facsism but retaliation and Trump once again acting like a petulant child. And supposedly Rand Paul encouraged Trump to do this.

I think this is a great idea.

1 Like

Rand has completely lost me.

2 Likes

Putin must have Rand’s emails.

Why do you think that

Same here. I don’t even recognize him any more. He’s a total Trumpist now.

1 Like

Here’s the thing, I’m not sure what this actually does, other than throw a petty tantrum. It’s not like these guys are getting security briefings.

Oh, and also:

Hahahahahaha even their petty fascism is incompetent.

2 Likes

Dude, you really want defend these lowest level of the pond scum gang?

1 Like

Might as well have him go all the way. Really show people what he is.

You realize what this would mean for the hundreds of thousands of ex-politicians and bureaucrats who make their living off being in the know, right? And what the precedent being set that when your team is out, you lose all access means to them.

This is dangerous ground - those security clearances are suppose to be granted and revoked based on what information the holder needs for their job - not for retaliatory purposes by someone holding a government office.

This is getting close to banana republic type behavior.

1 Like

Yup. Best thing about getting a TS clearance in the military is the jobs you can get when you get out.

I thought he has been going all the way?
I really dont think people are gonna care honestly if he did. His base will support it because he can do no wrong period…and all the while they will wave their flags…

I mean I dont disagree…I want to see him go all the way, because we deserve it.

It’s totally stupid, that’s for sure. But calling it fascism, as some have, is over the top.

That’s the problem with some anti Trump people. Their over reactions tend to diminish the latest stupid thing Trump has done.

5 Likes

This is beyond “close”.

They crossed trump…and like children they want to take their ball away…

It’s not about deserving it. It’s about the fact that he’ll be setting a precedent that could not only ruin the post-politics careers of all currently serving Republicans, but tens of thousands of former GOP politicians whose jobs are based on their having clearance.

Agreed. When you go with the inflamed rhetoric, you get into Obama tan suits and mustard land.

2 Likes