Trump just let me down

Many do and it isn’t an easy living to earn.

Another doughnut hole created by government and “good intentions”.

Ah, the old “TDS” fallback…

Not a fallback. Look at the post.

Just curious, do you still have to pay the mortgage if they don’t pay the rent?

How can they make that stick? Under what statute or authority and what about the takings clause?

Criticizing the president for his decision making really shouldn’t be considered TDS. If you don’t like politics, don’t enter the game.

Blaming a man for something he didn’t do because of politics is derangement syndrome.

2 Likes

Of course. The property is mine. If I want to keep it, I have to keep paying for it.

Poor decisions creates criticism. I think he’d get criticized for any decision he made good or bad, but a derangement syndrome is really when people criticize the president for silly things like wearing a tan suit.

Because it’s not a valid criticism.

3 Likes

Being unable to evict someone isn’t forced labor, smart one.

He didn’t make the decisions about the virus. He followed the scientists.

1 Like

He could have done more though like: wearing a mask and encouraging people to wear them, not encouraging the protests in April with tweets like “LIBERATE MICHIGAN” thereby causing confusion on the national level between states, working with congress to pass the second stimulus in June, and other things as well.

There’s a lot to criticize without becoming TDS.

1 Like

How would that have helped you and your rent?

Here is how they get around it.

When you rent the house, the tenant has “possession” which is a legal term. If the tenant does not fulfill their part, namely paying the rent but their are other issues, then the landlord takes the tenant to court and seeks possession. The judge can grant the landlord possession or grant the tenant more time. If the landlord attempts to take possession without going through the court, that is very illegal and he can be jailed for it.

How they have been getting around it is to close the court down for evictions. When that happens, the tenant has the upper hand because all he has to do is keep residing there and refuse to leave. Some landlords will give cash for keys to get their own property back,

There are plenty of vultures out there right now hoping for people to sell or foreclose on homes.

Here, you absolutely cannot buy anything in distress without paying cash.

The whole thing is absolutely wrong and government needs to step the hell out of your business.

Ok, well then I agree with your OP.

Back in the 90s I lived in a house and had an investment house that I rented out. I got like 150 bucks more from the rent than my mortgage. That wasn’t the reason I got the house. But if they weren’t paying the rent I couldn’t pay the mortgage. I had a mortgage on both houses. No way would I be able to pay for both without rent coming in. Simply not possible. I would imagine a lot of people would be in my situation.

How is it not forced labor? I am being force to supply my property to an individual without my consent without being compensated. If your employer refuses to pay you your wages, you can quit and their is nothing that can happen to you. If the tenant doesnt pay me my wages,I cant quit. I have to keep supplying him with my property until a judge decides to give me my property back, How in youyr world is that not forced labor?

2 Likes

Why. Can’t people read for themselves about preventative measures? What about the Governors?

I have to wonder if people are that helpless do they even know they have a Governor or what one is?

Did Trump get COVID even though he didn’t wear a mask? :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

So, squatters…

1 Like

It definitely doesn’t make sense that landlords would have to pay on their mortgage while the tenants don’t have to pay their rent.

1 Like