Trump is losing the somewhat supporters

Basically trump is losing those swing voters…if that remains true he doesnt win in 2020.

Factor in the Dow dropping and china taking no soy beans this month…that’s not good…

If the economy slides into a recession that people are predicting…he doesnt make it in 2020

Fat donald lost the house with a strong economy, he’s going to get his ass kicked with a bad one.

This is basically the least of his problems at this point.

3 Likes

I don’t think he’ll make it that far. I think the GOP will drop him like a hot potato and not nominate him for a second term.

And I wondered when that happened last. NPR says it was Franklin Pierce.

1 Like

I was about to research this. Thanks for the link.

Like what does a 2020 re-election campaign look like at this point? What does Trump run on?

The wall.

Interesting, this resulted in the birth of the Republican Party.

Especially damaging was his support for the pro-slavery Kansas-Nebraska Act of 1854, which backfired on him as Kansas was overrun by pro-slavery forces, mostly from the slave state of Missouri.

The events angered Northerners everywhere and helped lead to the creation of the Republican Party.

Wow, that poll makes Trump’s strongest supporters look really bad. Such a high percentage of them are uneducated, rural folks who don’t care about global warming but who badly want a wall.

I don’t think you can formulate that completely yet. I’m saying, though, that given the way things are heading … not only financially but otherwise he won’t get nominated.

Evolution is a curious thing.

He never expected to win. He wanted to use his Republican nominee brand to sell more properties. He tried changing the first few months of his presidency. Then the light bulb went off of all the things he is responsible for them he reverted back to the same egotistical asshat he always has been

1 Like

Trump actually fared better than Obama did. :+1:

Feel free to provide some proof.

We’ve had an unusually long bull market. We are overdue for a correction. It will recover. Historically it always has.

Wouldn’t Trump have to have a republican challenger to not get the nomination by default? If so, is there anyone actually going to run against Trump within his own party?

From Michael Wolff’s"Fire and Fury", which you can believe or not believe, but sounds like a likely scenario.:

Shortly after eight o’clock that even when the unexpected trend – Trump might actually win – seemed confirmed, Don Jr. told a friend that his father, or DJT as he called him, looked as if he had seen a ghost. Melania, to whom Trump had made his solemn guarantee, was in tears – and not of joy.

There was, in the space of little more than an hour, in Steve Bannon’s not unamused observation, a befuddled Trump morphing into a disbelieving Trump and then into a quite horrified Trump. But still to come was the final transformation suddenly. Donald Trump became a man who believed that he deserved to be and was wholly capable of being the president of the United States.

But you’ve got investigations in the wind and his completely unstable leadership. It won’t hold.

At this point, it’s too early to say that (although I’m sure you could get a pundit or two to come up with one). But as time goes on, you’ll see they’ll make themselves known.

But the Trump-lover narrative has been the Trump-lead economy is good regardless when he’s at the helm.