Trump Invites Putin to the White House This Fall

Seriously though. Read that article. The GOP senate really really don’t want Trump to have that summit with Putin and are still pretty angry about Helsinki. I’ll ask again…

Are they deranged?

I know. He’s sure doing his best to make sure Claire McCaskill is reelected at least.

Wasn’t the Senate supposed to vote on a Russia resolution today? Maybe I was dreaming that.

In any case, Trump and Putin aren’t even trying to hide their bromance. Putin must be laughing his ass off.

All this time we’ve been thinking he’s Russia’s Manchuria candidate. Maybe he’s been the Democrats Manchurian Candidate- secretly destroying conservatism from within.

Putin has had a very very good few weeks.

oh, i think we all know Trump is a con man.

you’re up.

OK I found it with Google. 98 to 0 Senate vote. A bit of a rebuke to Trump to say the least.

You mean he was lying about Tax cuts and border control?

it’s just plain funny that Republicans have been railing against communists/communism (due to all the bad stuff they did/do) for ages and the first chance they get, with a politician that gives them what they really want, they close their eyes and pretend their BFF isn’t cozying up to the old communist/evil dude. and that he’s not using his office for personal gain (another previous line that couldn’t be crossed).

it’s like Jesus Christ really didn’t bring us Donald Trump.

Yeah for Mitch McConnell to take up a Democrat sponsored bill rebuking Trump is pretty extraordinary. I have a feeling they are starting to get aompisswd off they are willing to curtail Trump legislatively. They hate the tariffs, trade wars and Kremlin love- and frankly I think most of them hate Trump himself. We’ll see if they start to add teeth to their wimpy statements and tweets.

Oh, I have no doubt that probably 90% of Rs in Congress despise him. But they are also afraid of his base.

However, there comes a point when enough is enough. Maybe Ds sponsored the bill, but McConnell could chose to have it voted on or not. The fact it was unanimous speaks volumes.

Now they need to get busy doing something about the tariffs. They have threatened to, but need to make good on it. Many people could be losing jobs in Missouri alone.

The tariffs are insane and not even remotely conservative. True conservatives support free markets and trade.

Some of the top NBA and NFL players come into the league and think they can do whatever they want. That’s who these 2 guys remind me of.

Now, in Putin’s case he can.

oh, no. he was gonna give himself a massive tax cut no matter what.

I guess Dan Coats was one of the last to find out Trump and Putin are going to continue their bromance this fall.

In other news, I think Rand Paul has lost his mind. He’s to the left of Bernie on Russia, who actually honeymooned in what was then the USSR.

1 Like

Right because the only choices are war with Russia or abject capitulation to Putin.

Nothing in between.

To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy.

hey, they have to create the black and white scenarios to make a lot of stuff work.

this is a hell of a way to start an editorial from a Texas republican congressman

And at least one Texas Republican now calling for the maniac’s impeachment.

Oh, and Will Hurd is a good man.

No that was Benedict Donald choking on Daddy Putin