Trump ignores Pentagon advice and intervenes in military war crimes cases

Nothing to sere folks. Just Trump wanting to signal to military personnel that he has the back of any military members who might disobey orders and the military code of conduct if he needs them in the future to back his criminal actions.

I think that’s pretty disgusting. To hell with the Geneva Convention.

Another lawless move by a lawless president.

Trump knows better than the Generals

2 Likes

Trump does what he wants just like his base.

war crimes are cool.

1 Like

Totally

1 Like

Obvious ploy to rally the base.

the navy just threw major shade at one of teh pardon guys,gallagher. trump ordered him restored to his rank and the navy tweeted out

As the Commander in Chief, the President has the authority to restore Special Warfare Operator First Class Gallagher to the pay grade of E-7. We acknowledge his order and are implementing it.

from what i have been told its an enormous insult to refer to him as an e-7 instead of calling him chief

1 Like

The new bright shiny object was just thrown out.

I’m not a soldier, but as a Military wife of a retired (& deceased) USMC officer I want to thank President Trump from the bottom of my Military loving heart for doing this. There are more of our brave troops rotting in Federal prison because of the suicidal ROE’s imposed by the previous treacherous Administration so there are many more that he needs to pardon.

:us::us: MAGA :us::us:

6 Likes

War crimes are cool.

1 Like

Did you libs throw a hissy fit like this when Obama traded the deserter Bergdahl for 5 Taliban fighters?

6 Likes

It is an insult to refer to an individual in the Navy as an E-7 instead of Chief.

His paygrade IS E-7. It’s not an insult.

4 Likes

i know a couple of chiefs.
they both think this is a major insult

1 Like

As a Republican, I’ll chime in.

f they didn’t they should have done. Major mistake on Obama’s part.

So what do you think of this case?

I AM a ■■■■■■■ Chief.

My Rank is Chief Petty Officer
My Rate is Aircrew Survival Equipmentman
My Paygrade is E-7

There is no pay grade called Chief Petty Officer

“As the Commander in Chief, the President has the authority to restore Special Warfare Operator First Class Gallagher to the pay grade of E-7. We acknowledge his order and are implementing it.”

But what the ■■■■ do I know

7 Likes

and heres a chief who disagrees with you… and if you read the replys to him he’s now alone in calling it a huge insult

https://twitter.com/Stonekettle/status/1195502391673655296?s=20

also notice how they refer to him as special warfare operator first class instead of chief special warfare operator…

Trump letting the Pentagon know that they work for the American people, and are not free to do whatever they want to members of the United States’ military. The people have the final control and say over the military. Although I’m sure unelected level-climbers among civil servants will deplore that concept.

1 Like

so its not the job of the Pentagon to enforce UCMJ?