Trump: I can pardon myself if I want to

One thing I do like about Trump is that he telegraphs exactly what crimes hes committed and gives a road map for investigators to follow. If was a drug mule who got pulled over for a taillight being out, he would agree to a search of his car “BUT YOU CAN’T LOOK IN THE TRUNK!!”.

3 Likes

Oh yeah man I am right there with you. This man is installing himself as King not president.

First his legal team argues that he can start/stop any DOJ investigation at whim. He cannot obstruct justice while president and now he has unoquivically stated that he has the power to pardon himself if he is guilty of a crime or if he somehow commits one.

Folks that’s freaking terrifying…if it’s not terrifying picture Obama saying this…pretty terrifying right? Now for you folks doing the Obama trick…Imagine that Trump is gone and now we have a new “lib” pres with this power.

YEAH YOU FEEL IT? Like a furnace blast of truth to the face… now lie down

1 Like

The thing is, it’s totally working too.

1 Like

Trump and his attornies are wandering in that no man’s land, and you’re essentially being asked why you think that is.

You can answer or not, but please stop pretending you don’t understand the question.

Thanks.

1 Like

Attorneys.

Damn stupid lack of an edit button.

How long are “top men” going to continue working on it?

Can the mods just admit getting us our edit rights back is simply a super low priority right now?

I think they believe the Democrats are/were corrupt. so IF (big if) Trump is corrupt, well thats just fighting fire with fire.

Its obvious that if Hillary had won, her administration would have been just as corrupt as Trump’s is, and probably even worse. The only difference would be nobody would care (other than Fox News, right wing radio, and every Republican in Congress).

Rudy is saying that the President cannot pardon himself. If he could, then Rudy’s claim above is false, or at least makes no sense.

give it time

I think you can copy/paste your post into a new post, and then delete the old one.

I know you can.

My point is you shouldn’t have to.

1 Like

Just figured it out myself. I must be slow.

I don’t think even Nixon said this.

Or Bill Clinton.

They were intelligent enough not to.

Yeah, the problem with that is that there is zero indication of any Democratic corruption approaching the scope and scale of this current, or past administrations. Republicans have been Republican Scandal Mongering for over 30 years, and in that time they’ve been able to produce one misdemeanor of a Democratic administration official for crimes committed while in office. They got Henry Cisneros for lying to the FBI about how much money he was giving his girlfriend.

I don’t see how you can say a Clinton administration would have equally as corrupt as the Trump administration, which is openly, nakedly, and defiantly corrupt. Yes, Republican Scandal Mongering would have shifted into overdrive, but Scandal Mongering very rarely uncovers an actual scandal.

But I guess if you’re saying that is the perception, then I agree. Republican media tries to create the “both sides are just as bad” which is beneficial to Republicans, who are actually demonstrably worse when it comes to corruption and ethics.

2 Likes

That is exactly it, Obama was criticized for acting like a “dictator” which is absurd at its face. But let’s for sake of argument fine, let’s say he was.

You would think cons would want to strip the executive of some power.

Trump comes along and basically says exactly that “drain the swamp” but if anything he has ratcheted up the power of the executive. By claiming absolute power over the DOJ and absolute power of pardon.

I mean wake up folks!

1 Like
  1. It doesn’t matter if trump can pardon himself, does it?

2. I don’t know what crime he committed. Maybe none. I won’t know until the investigation is over. neither will you.

3. Sorry you don’t have the patience to wait for the investigation to be over. It’s only been a year. These things are complicated and take time to do well. I know it’s frustrating that Mueller hasn’t leaked anything about what he knows, but I’m sure you can appreciate that is the best thing for all parties involved.

4. What do you thing Trump was talking about? Why would he bring this up now?

1 Like

An odd statement indeed from a President. Like we should be relieved that, even if he committed a crime he can get out of paying the price. Yay, I suppose.
Of course any such pardon would be an immediate admission of an impeachable act.

4 Likes

If trump tries to pardon himself the military should remove him since we will no longer be a democracy

1 Like

LMAO “rabbit hole” :rofl: