Trump Grounds Boeing 737 MAX 8 and 9 Jets After Two Crashes

Restructuring of what?

You must be unfamiliar with aviation history.

Of the company.

I’m not, actually.

I didn’t say I thought a Boeing was going anywhere soon…just that this is how capitalism is supposed to work.

1 Like

Whistleblowing can be hazardous to your health. I wonder if the FBI or CIA did the murder or if they still contract out with the Mafia?

How? To do what? If you are going to use vague words nobody knows what you are saying. You may as well have said “clean up their act.”

Even in their own circles the mafia in the US almost never kills anyone. They don’t do contract hits for the government. Almost all mafia murders in the US in the past 30 years have been solved.

Well I don’t believe it. If you were familiar with aviation history, you would know that the Boeing family of aircraft are among the most airworthy with the best safety record of any major airplane designer/manufacturer ever to have existed.

No restructuring is a financial term. Often times a filing for bankruptcy leads to restructuring. Not necessarily demise.

Restructuring: Definition, Meaning, Process, and Example.

It’s not a term that nobody knows :blush:.

1 Like

How can a multibillion dollar company build one plane that is fantastic and works as advertised (the F-15SE, the original 737, the 747) yet also build such pieces of garbage on the same assembly lines? It makes no sense.

They need to figure out something. Because this is embarrassing.

And Airbus is just sitting there licking their lips and loving every second of this.

Ah, but do they do them for the Clintons. :wink:

How would that help anything related to the quality control problems they are having? If they are forced to restructure their finances, the company as it stands today has already been destroyed.

Bankruptcy is an extreme here though possible not necessary.

When a company this size restructures financially it can shift money to things like better R&D, types of personnel and executives hired etc. it doesn’t automatically mean closing of major production locations and selling off parts of the company.

But “restructuring” was the first word out of your mouth. Restructuring is a life raft for a sinking company. It has nothing to do with resolving their quality control issues.

Restructuring in bankruptcy is a life raft. That’s not the only form.

You clearly still don’t know what that means so that’s that i guess

the debate WAS if there was a problem systemic to Boeing MAX not the classics or NG, if you look back at the thread there were even “theories” by certain posters that malicious code was specifically put into the software as a reason for the crashes.
the FAA accept credentials from MANY countries and you know this. How many foreign operators fly into JFK, LAX, ATL, IAD that do not have FAA licenses ? btw besides LAX, Ethiopian airlines, one of the operators who had MAX crash, flies into every one of them. In order to transfer licenses to FAA all it requires is a simple form and meet the experience of 61.75 or 61.153 which basically says to take a written FAA test and have ICAO and you know as well as i do how easy sheppard air, gleim etc make written faa written tests. 61.153 does require a practical but lets not get too deep in the weeds on that one.

yes chaffing is an issue in aircraft but that is not the point, it is a symptom of Boeing management on the entire MAX line. The MCAS system, the Rudder issue, the anti-ice, the door plug, the software issues. the list goes on on and and on and it shows that Boeing has not learned one single thing. lets not forget that as recently as JAN 5 (yeah on the same day as the Alaska flight) they were still trying to get exemptions for certain problems dealing with the engine de-ice system and the risk of overheating and losing panels.

The management team, the board, the entire leadership of Boeing has not learned its lesson and continues to mismanage the entire max program.

as for expertise …you yourself know better then most on this forum what my expertise is.

1 Like

at what point in this thread or any other threads have i “cheered for the demise of Boeing”? i actually answered this question in this very threads before. might want to have a refresh before accusing anyone.

he took action AFTER everyone else did…

that is only because Boeing decide to get rid of engineers and put in finance major in position of management who live and die by the “maximizing shareholder value” mantra. get rid of all them, change the culture to what it was and focus on quality product and there wont be anymore problem

1 Like