Trump Falsely Says Law Prevents Him Releasing Tax Returns Under Audit

We know it doesn’t matter to the Trumpist boot lickers, but Susan has a good point.

https://twitter.com/Susan_Hennessey/status/1114223246889689088

No comparison. Nixon released his tax returns voluntarily. They weren’t seized using the 1924 law.

Trump’s base fully expects Trump to fight rather than to simply rollover.

You are welcome to your prediction, as I am to mine.

Time will tell which of us is right.

Fat ■■■■■■ Donald is going to get his ass handed to him again.

Oh yea, and his base is going to get bitch slapped again. By who? The federal ■■■■■■■ law.

Enjoy it!

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1114253558432530434

“Upon written request from the chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of Representatives, the chairman of the Committee on Finance of the Senate, or the chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return”.

Cut and ■■■■■■■ dry.

Sorry Trumpists, but Fat Donald is going to get his ass kicked in court.

Beat down.

Lose biggly.

:joy:

:joy:

You keep assuming that the law can’t be challenged. It will be challenged. The administration has already said as much.

Once again the Secretary doesn’t work for congress and second the law will be challenged. So I wouldn’t begin celebrating just yet.

Fat Donald will get his ass kicked in court.

The case will not be heard by SCOTUS.

The law will stand.

Fat Donald’s tax returns will be reviewed in closed sessions by the relevant oversight committees.

■■■■ Fat Donald’s butthurt feelings.

Same goes for the MAGAt incel brigade that idolizes him.

1 Like

Trumps income tax returns are his business. Everything that has to do with finances with this beleaguered president is in a blind trust. What more do you want to know other than he is a billionaire?
This crop of Democrats we have are like something thats escaped from Area 51, I kid you not. Probabilities is an area of mathematics that I understand fairly well.
Last night I decided to plug in all the variables needed to come up with some solid numbers. I logged on to my companys main-frame computer as I would get quicker results. This was no easy chore collecting birthyears, states, schools, parents heritage, and went as far as including gene mutations that were totally random.
I plugged all the numbers in and told computer to include planet positions, solar flares and probable conception days for each members mother.
I was thinking five minutes as this computer mainframe is nothing to sneeze at. I fell asleep on recliner and wife got me up at 0330 to go to work. I got to work and boss was really looking mad, and he asked me why I took up 3 hours of the computers entire capacity.
I said I thought I would work on that chore he gave me about the amount of time and fuel needed to snatch Elon Musks Telsa out of orbit. (He wants it) He said, Oh, Okay, Heres your results.
Here are your results folks.
Regretfully, it could only go back to the Big Bang. Yeah Folks, but this is only for the House.

Oh, but I am.

Fat Donald’s tax returns will be reviewed by the relevant oversight committees.

The flaccid protestations of the Trumpists be damned.

We don’t care.

The law does not care.

Wrong!

Many U.S. presidents have placed their financial holdings in a blind trust that is managed by a trustee without any input from the president. This arrangement is believed to help the president avoid any conflicts of interest between his finances and issues that come across his desk.

U.S. President Donald Trump, however, has avoided calls for him to sell his assets or place them in a blind trust, according to a report in The New York Times . Trump has noted that presidents are not legally obliged to do so.

Well I guess there is always wishing upon a star.

My prediction is that Trump haters will once again be very disappointed.

Continuously? For years?

Of course not.

Even if they are, he can still release them.

What is he hiding? At the very least, he clearly does not want anyone to see what kind of financial shape he’s in. It’s not like many celebrities who don’t want you to know how rich they are. Trump brags about how rich he is, so in all likelihood, he’s not nearly as rich as he says. Only his naive supporters would be surprised by this though.

1 Like

You are simply making stuff up. :roll_eyes:

Anyone who gives a rat’s ass about this country is a Trump hater.

It is going to take a long time to get the stench of Trump and his criminal crew out of the White House.

Actually, I told you early on in this thread that it is you wishing upon a star. And that’s still the case.

You have this:

I have: the law that has been on the books for decades and has withstood challenges.

The law is quite clear: “the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return

But yes, you can continue to wish upon your Trumpist star.

He can. The IRS has even said so. Being audited doesn’t mean he can’t release them. It’s simply an excuse he’s using not to.

A blind trust does not mean that Trump cannot make some decisions, but the decisions cannot affect the bottom line.
He can decide matters such as replacing a director or where the 9th hole should be, but US Law forbids the President from making decisions that May affect the bottom line. You are wrong, but its not the first time you have jumped in not knowing what you are talking about.

You must have absolutely no idea what a blind trust is.