Trump Falsely Says Law Prevents Him Releasing Tax Returns Under Audit

Their search is to determine if Trump has been possibly compromised by business interests and/or loans made by foreign governments (i.e. Russia). And if so was it to the extent that Trump is making policy in favor of those interests.

1 Like

Hey, Trump is a straight shooter and never breaks laws or does stuff to enrich himself. We should trust him.

As I have said before, the truth is the number one enemy of the Liar-In-Chef.

1 Like

So Trump has to release his tax returns by law, right?

If that is true, he needs to cough them up.

Trump does not have to release them, the IRS commissioner has the legal obligation to release them to the committee.

2 Likes

Trump doesnt have to release them - the IRS has to release them.

And I will bet you dollars to dog nuts that the IRS Commissioner will defer to Steve Mnuchin. Then the question becomes if he does his constitutional duty or if he shows how much of a Trump butt licker he is.
It will also be fun to watch Trump’s lawyers scramble to get before a judge before the clock ticks out.

Got it. So, release the returns then.

That’s the thing, what standing will they have? The controversy will be between the IRS commissioner and the committee.

That is a good question. And one that I have not heard answered yet. I would guess that they would try to be heard as representing the person who’s tax returns are being requested.

House ways and means chairman didn’t ask trump for anything.

His request was to the IRS.

Allan

The law makes no distinction on whose tax returns can be requested so I’m not sure why they would even be involved. The only way I can see Trump’s personal attorneys having a case is if they sue his OWN administration… :joy:

I think they might try to make a challenge that the law is unconstitutional and ask for a stay until their case can be heard. I have heard a couple of lawyers speculate that such a case might get all the way up to the SC. But they didn’t offer up what the path would be.

There has to be an important federal question for SCOTUS to take the case.

Trump,s lawyers gonna have to work overtime to find one.

Allan

DEMs have clearly weaponized the law to go after someone they truly hate. This opens every American to third world style recrimination from Government.

That should make everyone really afraid.

I am not afraid of Congress looking at my tax returns.

Are you? What are you worried about, exactly?

And they did it 1924 to be ready for 2019.

They were really smart.

Forgive me but I find your concern insincere…

I would be shocked if Donald Trump isn’t writing off numerous expenses for mistresses. And his current wife probably signed those returns with him.

For the last few days on various threads about this, I have been asking the same questions.
Do Trump supporters want to know if our president has been compromised by a foreign government?
Do Trump supporters want to know if our president has not been paying his fair share of federal taxes?
So far I have not received one answer.
Funny, isn’t it?

1 Like