Trump: End due process for illegal immigrants

Right, so you need some sort of process to determine who’s a legitimate asylum seeker? What exactly are you arguing against here?

It’s called logic. Frustrated?

No, I’m not going to sit idly by why you convolute situations to attempt to rationalize your flawed premises.

It’s kinda not. I’m totally the one saying answer my question but don’t account for anything that would make you disagree with my argument, therefore I win.

Country of origins.

Race
Religion
Nationality
Membership in a particular social group
Political opinion

Those are the reasons USCIS give for eligibility for asylum. There are a few others.

Which ones apply to Guatemalans?

You haven’t presented an argument.

Gee, that would make us like every other western democracy where immigration is strictly an administrative function. I thought you leftists wanted us to be more like them!

Let’s say yes… it is a crime.

There is still due process involved no matter what.

If it is a crime, absolutely.

If it is not, what due process is needed to simply set somebody back on the correct side of a line?

no, we don’t. illegals captured entering the country are routinely returned without any court case.

There doesn’t need to be a crime for due process to be required.

Because they are subject to the jurisdiction of the United States we have a judicial process for to determine that. Hence… Due Process.

This stuff isn’t hard.

yes, there does. you may not be deprived of life liberty or property without due process. sending illegals back across the border involves none of these. And before you say it, illegals go not have liberty to enter the country illegally. if they did, it wouldn’t be illegal.

Well, he’s already suggested getting the guns first and worrying about due process later.

I’m starting to see a pattern here…

1 Like

Judicial process?

Me too.

What’s the difference in the two.

it is silly to accept that illegals crossing illegally are seeking asylum. to seek asylum requires the positive action of actually asking for it. i am not aware of a singlr case where 1 illegal has crossed our border illegally and immediately reported to dhs to request asylum. those who do that come in the front door.

No, there simply doesn’t need to be a crime.

neither does sending illegals back across the border require a court case. its done routinely. Obama did it more than other presidents have,

So say we build the wall. Does everybody who knocks on the door need a hearing from a judge?