Trump denies hurricane killed 3k in puerto rico

todays tweet
3000 people did not die in the two hurricanes that hit Puerto Rico. When I left the Island, AFTER the storm had hit, they had anywhere from 6 to 18 deaths. As time went by it did not go up by much. Then, a long time later, they started to report really large numbers, like 3000…

we have a so called president out of touch with reality. i think he may be senile
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1040217897703026689

If he is using the same metric that has been used in measuring deaths from every other hurricane in American history, he is correct.

The problem is low information and low education on the part of Trump haters.

1 Like

Trump had a number he liked, not a real catastrophe, there’s no reason for him to ever accept a higher number unless he’s made to, so he finally made his perceived denial official White House record.

It’s reprehensible.

There is no bottom.

This turd will stain America forever. Every single thing we do in the future will have an asterisk next to it, leading to a footnote saying “Reminder: They elected Trump”.

Sweet Lord.

And we decided the “old way” is the right way?

You need to broaden your mind.

This is who we elected. A man who is denying deaths from a hurricane the day before a major hurricane is about to hit the US again. This is our leader. So ■■■■■■■ petty that he needs to belittle the death of thousands because it makes him look bad. Reprehensible.

1 Like

Fake numbers.

He goes even further…

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1040217897703026689

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1040220855400386560

So it is a Democratic conspiracy to make Trump look bad. The real victim of Hurricane Maria was obviously Donald Trump. I cannot imagine what the families of those 3,000 victims must be feeling right now because of this callous excuse of human garbage. He is such a disgrace to our nation. Every single one of his supporters should feel shame right now. They won’t of course.

4 Likes

People used to use horse and buggies to get around back in CMI’s day.

2018 we use something foreign to CMI. Cars.

Allan

Of course he’s denying it. The piece of garbage will never admit to anything that doesn’t make him look good. Its beyond time for the Big Macs to start doing their job.

1 Like

Trump and anyone who supports him is unsalvagable. We’ve crossed the threshold into total debauchery.

2 Likes

Then apply your “new way” to every other hurricane (if that is possible now) and you will find Maria in Puerto Rico was still relatively small compared to other cat 5s in similar places… especially the 1928 hurricane in Puerto Rico. As a measure of the destruction and impact on life… there were 500,000 people left homeless in 1928. But the official count of deaths was 312.

Now compare with Maria. How many homeless? Many fewer. And yet 3000 deaths? 6000 deaths? The numbers are absurd.

If you apply your new way of measuring deaths, the 1928 hurricane killed 10 times the number of people that Maria killed.

You people have allowed your irrational hate to affect your reason. You need to broaden your knowledge.

You missed the entire point.

Thanks for trying but not everyone is cut out for this type of logic.

You adhere to the Trumpian mindset of ranking, best, worst, etc. It shackle your mind to your ego. You need more intellectual freedom to have this conversation.

To put it simply: if statement A makes Trump look bad, and you believe Trump isn’t bad, then statement A cannot be true.

2 Likes

My entire point is fact based. Yours is hate based… or should I say, politically based.

You don’t even understand my point so I don’t know anything about it.

Your argument has facts but is mostly based on a series of assumptions which have doubtful utility and accuracy.

1 Like

Wow!! Question for cons who agree with this crap…

If I got into a car accident and sustained injuries because of it… but lived for 3 more days before dying of those injuries… did I not die from a car accident?

3 Likes

God I hate that ■■■■■■■ man.

4 Likes

Refute any of the facts I listed. I did not even include likely factors as poorer medical care, poorer sanitation, etc. In 1928. Yet still the official count in in the hundreds.

It depends on what people decided in 1928 apparently.

2 Likes

I’ll have to say it again. It’s not the facts, it’s the assumptions.

More to the point, what does 1928 have to do with the number of deaths attributable to last year’s hurricane?

Zero.