Trump denies hurricane killed 3k in puerto rico

The reaction by Trump here, basically a child’s temper tantrum, is one of the reasons his approval rating is rapidly eroding. People are waking up to the fact that we have a petulant child as our POTUS and they’re not liking it.

3 Likes

He’s a terrible human being, enabled by other terrible people.

10 Likes

If you don’t think that Republicans have a coordinated message that starts on Rush/Fox, then read this thread.

1 Like

The toadies are desperately trying to defend this piece of garbage at all costs. It would actually be funny if it wasn’t so pathetic.

1 Like

I hate always being right.

1 Like

He might as well have just written that.

2 Likes

Have you ever tried being wrong? At the very least it might break up the monotony.

Sometimes when I do it, I’m so wrong that I’m actually right. You can’t beat that feeling.

1 Like

Can’t wait to watch them try to flush Trump down the memory hole and call him a liberal supported by other liberals in a few years. But this time, they’re not getting another absurd, fake Tea Party rebrand. No ■■■■■■■ way. Trump’s staying around the neck of the right and the GOP for a long, long time, like a burning tire.

7 Likes

I’m an ACC football fan. Is that wrong enough?

You do what you gotta do. No judging.

1 Like

1928 is pre-politicized comparison. This 3000 or 6000 number ( I can’t keep up on the moving “estimate”) is politicized.

There were no refutable assumptions in my comparison between 1928 and 2017 hurricanes.

They always get a rebrand. Remember how everyone here supported The Patriot Act and/or the Iraqi war (then they didn’t). All they have to do is lie. It’s easy for so many people.

Btw, Trump is up to 5,000 lies since he took office.

BTW: It’s worth pointing out that a more standard-issue, politically sociopathic GOP president (Rubio, even Cruz), who at least tried to abide by some traditional norms of decent behavior would probably have significantly higher poll numbers going into the midterms with the economy as it is.

And that Republican would have gotten the regressive tax cuts GOPers love, Heritage-approved judges like Gorsuch and Kavanaugh, deregulation, etc., along with (I’d bet) a more thorough and skillfully handled repeal of the ACA and all the other terrible things conservatives want (cutting Medicare, etc.). Think about it.

3 Likes

What purpose does comparing these two serve?

This is 100% true. But they wanted a petulant child that would stick it to libs. Sometimes it pays to think things through.

What purpose? Remember in 2003, when televangelist Brit Hume was on Fox and said:

“Two hundred seventy-seven U.S. soldiers have now died in Iraq, which means that statistically speaking U.S. soldiers have less of a chance of dying from all causes in Iraq than citizens have of being murdered in California, which is roughly the same geographical size. The most recent statistics indicate California has more than 2,300 homicides each year, which means about 6.6 murders each day. Meanwhile, U.S. troops have been in Iraq for 160 days, which means they’re incurring about 1.7 deaths, including illness and accidents each day.”

1 Like

To see if your highly politicized numbers pass the sanity check. They don’t.

No way in hell did a cat 5 on Puerto Rico in 2017 kill 20 times more people than the cat 5 on Puerto Rico in 1928, even accounting for the doubling of population over that time.

How do you know how many people were killed in 1928 and by what methodology?

As awful as Trump is, the politically cynical part of me is glad they did: from that narrow perspective, I still prefer him to Cruz, or some other GOP cretin who’d do all the same ■■■■■ substantively, but do it more efficiently, quickly, and thoroughly, without all the drama, conflict, and insanity that sucks up so much time and energy from the Trump administration. It’s like the party chose to run a race with leg weights.

1 Like

The official count is a historical record.