Trump Declares He Will End Birthright Citizenship

There is no solution.

We’ve tried and executed illegal immigrants. You don’t get more subject to our jurisdiction than that. And as discussed in the debates at the time, only three exceptions existed:

1. foreign diplomats
  2. Indians on Indian lands
  3. occupying forces

Illegal immigrants don’t fall under any of those exceptions.

Fake news and the enemy of America.

Here’s what Donald Trump asks his staff each morning…

• What else can I say to get my base massively emotional?
  • What else can I say to make people mad enough to fight for me?
  • Can someone read the highlighted sections of my Hitler book to me again?

And perhaps something changed:

Yes, the next democratic president will go after Fox and Rush and try to bankrupt them. Put them out of business using government. Bury them under the rubble of legislation and EOs.

Excellent point.

Actually, the hook doesn’t even exist. He just taped one to the wall in about 5 minutes and it already fell down.

Continued reading changed my mind. I’ll wait.

Interesting philosophy… So the constitution can be changed by circumstances? For instance, the development of high power, high capacity firearms…

Yes, because that person is just going to be telling like it is.

1 Like

No, the need for amending the Constitution may come from circumstance.

“High power” doesn’t mean anything.

You want to try to change the Bill of Rights through amendment, be my guest.

Agreed… Amending the constitution is the appropriate way to change it… not executive order…

All you have done is post your personal opinions. The irrefutable fact is, the preponderance of evidence from the debates of the 39th Congress which framed the 14th Amendment, and, from what our Supreme Court has already stated with regard to citizenship being bestowed upon children born to foreign nationals while on American soil, is sufficient to conclude the 14th Amendment was designed to exclude from citizenship children born to aliens while on American soil.

Why on earth would any patriotic, loyal American citizen argue differently? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

JWK

There is no surer way to weaken, destroy and subjugate a prosperous and freedom loving country than by importing the world’s poverty stricken and criminal populations into that country and making the country’s existing citizens tax-slaves to support the economic needs of such an invasion.

100% agreed. No work arounds.

What’s your take on this snippet from INS v. Rios-Pineda?

Deportation proceedings were then instituted against respondents, who by that time had a child, who, being born in the United States, was a United States citizen.

Everyone agrees. Even Trump. He’s just feeding his hate filled deplorable a snack.

1 Like

Brah, I posted a quote from trumbull explicitly supporting citizenship being granted to immigrants who were not naturalized. That’s not unsubstantiated opinion. That’s a wrecking ball through your entire argument.

QED.

1 Like

So are you not ok with trump doing it or are you a hypocrite?

Because they understand what the 14th means.