Trump Declares He Will End Birthright Citizenship

That said, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least if SCOTUS chooses to ignore the clear historical record of what was intended by the fourteenth.

They were never constitutionalists. They’re just Birthers and Nationalists.

2 Likes

Why debate anything when you can just call people names instead?

If there’s a contradiction between what they intended and what they actually wrote, it’s pretty clear that the courts will have to go with what is written.

not of the first thought ever. Of the thought first occurring. As in most people don’t plan their suicides over days/weeks/months.

That’s a weird thing to joke about. If islamic terrorists killed 20,000 Americans a year, people would be screaming in the streets for a solution.

Correct…

I agree they probably don’t plan it for days.

The original excuse for the waiting period was to address crimes of passion. It didn’t work for obvious reasons.

What about this one?

Deportation proceedings were then instituted against respondents, who by that time had a child, who, being born in the United States, was a United States citizen.

Well according to you it wasn’t ok when Obama did it.

^ That is why the 2nd will never be touched and we’ll continue to have a firearm homicide every 54 minutes and a mass slaughter in a church/ school /etc every month and a half.

Sushi anyone?

And yet no challenges to birthright citizenship in over 100 years… Perhaps they consider it settled…

Perpetual victims.

Using their logic, why could a president not just issue an executive order stating that the only arms allowed are single shot personal firearms like existed when the second was written?

I’m not responsible for their decision to mass murder.

And that same president will go after Fox and Rush Limbaugh as being fake news. They will go after them hard. I mean massively hard.

But the precedent is set now. It’s out of my hands.

You really should research before you write because you’re mainly posting conservative popular fiction rather than what actually happened.

Nor are other people in countries where firearm homicides and mass slaughters are way below ours.

So what’s the solution? And it needs to be consistent and also protect the rights of firearm owners.