Trump Declares He Will End Birthright Citizenship

Continued reading changed my mind. I’ll wait.

Interesting philosophy… So the constitution can be changed by circumstances? For instance, the development of high power, high capacity firearms…

Yes, because that person is just going to be telling like it is.

1 Like

No, the need for amending the Constitution may come from circumstance.

“High power” doesn’t mean anything.

You want to try to change the Bill of Rights through amendment, be my guest.

Agreed… Amending the constitution is the appropriate way to change it… not executive order…

All you have done is post your personal opinions. The irrefutable fact is, the preponderance of evidence from the debates of the 39th Congress which framed the 14th Amendment, and, from what our Supreme Court has already stated with regard to citizenship being bestowed upon children born to foreign nationals while on American soil, is sufficient to conclude the 14th Amendment was designed to exclude from citizenship children born to aliens while on American soil.

Why on earth would any patriotic, loyal American citizen argue differently? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

JWK

There is no surer way to weaken, destroy and subjugate a prosperous and freedom loving country than by importing the world’s poverty stricken and criminal populations into that country and making the country’s existing citizens tax-slaves to support the economic needs of such an invasion.

100% agreed. No work arounds.

What’s your take on this snippet from INS v. Rios-Pineda?

Deportation proceedings were then instituted against respondents, who by that time had a child, who, being born in the United States, was a United States citizen.

Everyone agrees. Even Trump. He’s just feeding his hate filled deplorable a snack.

1 Like

Brah, I posted a quote from trumbull explicitly supporting citizenship being granted to immigrants who were not naturalized. That’s not unsubstantiated opinion. That’s a wrecking ball through your entire argument.

QED.

1 Like

So are you not ok with trump doing it or are you a hypocrite?

Because they understand what the 14th means.

You seem to forget our current situation is set by policy. We no longer have a Global Governance Crowd in charge. And that means, policy can be changed via a pen and phone.

You guys need a civics 101 class.

JWK

American citizens are sick and tired of being made into tax-slaves to finance a maternity ward for the poverty stricken populations of other countries who invade America’s borders to give birth.

There is no applicable take!

The court was not addressing if citizenship is bestowed upon a child born to an illegal alien while on America soil.

JWK

It’s almost like there was no controversy… Good luck in court!

I was referring to the issue of the tax. Obama stated it was no tax. The SCOTUS said… it was a tax. So you see that a change in the meaning of words is all that it takes to make an otherwise unconstitutional law constitutional. Kavanaugh will have a beer party with his buddies and after they get all the girls drunk they will figure out how to make Trump’s EO constitutional.

It will never be heard by the supreme court…

Well, I dare say, we must then have an awful lot of unpatriotic and disloyal citizens posting in the thread because not one poster has been able to demonstrate the 14th Amendment was intended to grant citizenship to children born to illegal entrants while on American soil.

:roll_eyes:

JWK

What Obama says is not on trial. The court only decides on what the law says. The law says it was a tax.

You framed the issue incorrectly which resulted in an incorrect conclusion. A little research would have prevented this error.

I actually doubt Trump will sign an EO. He is spouting off to help the elections next week.

If he does it will be immediately challenged, suspended and ultimately make its way to the SC. We can argue and pontificate all we like but at the end of the day it will be the SC that decides this.

If Congress wants to amend the constitution to clarify this one way or another then follow the established method for doing so.