Trump charged the police over 100k when he visited his irish golf resort

in june trump visited his irish gold resort
trumps resort charged the cops over 100k for food for the quick visit,
and here i though trump wasnt going to profit…

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/world/a-newly-surfaced-dollar100000-tab-charged-to-irish-police-raises-questions-about-trumps-visit-to-his-irish-golf-resort/ar-AAJh93V?li=BBr5KbJ

At cost??? What was that pesky word that starts with e?

If the police didn’t want to pay for food they could have brought a sack lunch. You shouldn’t expect handouts just because you feel like you deserve it.

2 Likes

Why should Republicans care? They have no problem with powerful elites taking advantage of taxpayers

I can think of a good three word Aussie expression but I am pretty sure it wouldn’t be within the ToS of this site.

I wouldnt pay him

1 Like

You sound like Trump! :grinning:

Exactly

Treat Trump like Trump treats contractors?

Oh that would be sweet.
.WW, PHS

4 Likes

What’s good for the goose

Oh yeah he’s totally not out for himself.

**[quote=“moonshine, post:1, topic:216277, full:true”]
in june trump visited his irish gold resort
trumps resort charged the cops over 100k for food for the quick visit,
and here i though trump wasnt going to profit…

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/world/a-newly-surfaced-dollar100000-tab-charged-to-irish-police-raises-questions-about-trumps-visit-to-his-irish-golf-resort/ar-AAJh93V?li=BBr5KbJ
[/quote]
Just take a play out of Trump’s playbook and refuse to pay. If he wants the money he can take them to court.

Is it traditional then that when a President visits a foreign nation he pays out of his own pocket to feed security?

No, it’s not traditional for a President to make a profit for his businesses by staying at his own properties so that money flows to that business because of the visit.
WW, PHS

2 Likes

we’ve fortunately had a good run of Presidents who don’t view honor codes as an opportunity to exploit and who don’t use visits to foreign countries as an opportunity to self-deal.

Was a time in this country when self-dealing was considered wrong.

You may remember. It was only about 3 years ago.

7 Likes

Few years ago these guys where crying over 250 million for michelle…who knew she could have charged those countries to fly her dog?

5 Likes

Yep. Imagine what the outrage would have had she not only been charging that to the government, but she owned the company that was processing the charges as receivables. That’s exactly what’s happening with Trump and nary a ■■■■■■■ peep.

You’ll get more outrage out of a Trumpist over Michelle Obama’s shoulders than you will over blatant self-dealing and outright corruption.

2 Likes

So Obama used his own money to feed security personnel? Link?

This is like those movies where the white trash win the lotto. All you have is rich white trash.
Or
The trump family.

2 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes