Trump charged the police over 100k when he visited his irish golf resort

We’re outraged over the irish police having to pay for their own sandwiches. We’re really really outraged.

:rofl:

Oh, I see how those emoticons work.

This is funny. Nobody’s outraged about Irish police buying their own sandwiches.

Worth a chuckle, for sure.

Is it traditional that he pays himself for it?

1 Like

Yeah. He paid what, about $55,000,000, into his campaign so he could make money off those sandwiches.

So it is traditional for presidents to stay at properties they own and charge the government for it?

I don’t think its traditional for President’s to own real estate all over the world. Good for him.

No, it’s not traditional. It’s also not traditional to steer government business to the President’s pockets.

This seems to be difficult to understand for some people, but it’s the very quintessence of corruption and abuse of power. Self dealing.

Whatever.

There’s no accounting for taste. Or morals.

3 Likes

Or pomposity and fake outrage for political purposes.

You don’t think he ran with the thought, thinking that being President would be beneficial to his brand? I think that’s the main reason he ran, and to prove he could win. Not so much to govern…

Sorry, man. Criminal behavior is criminal behavior.

once he’s out of office i hope president warren swoops in and seizes all his property.

since he thinks he’s above the law i guess that president warren will be too.

seize it all and turn the gold courses into homeless shelters

1 Like

You are thinking too small. If Trump hasn’t made that money back already with all his shady dealings, he’ll make it back after he leaves the office, getting hundreds of thousands of dollars for speeches, etc., just like the Clintons.

There’s no telling how much the Turkish president paid him to betray our allies the Kurds, for example.

Or to keep betraying them:
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/467039-trump-hotel-cancels-christian-aid-groups-event-a-night-of-prayer-for-the

To the matter at hand…

The article doesn’t provide enough information. It says that “several dozen” security were hired.

Without knowing how many security personnel were involved, and being given a breakdown of the cost for each cup of tea or snack delivered, it’s hard to know if the prices were inflated - like our military paying $13 for a $1 screw driver - or not.

Knowing Trump, I’ll hazard a guess prices were probably considerably inflated.

1 Like

So when one can no longer argue against the blatant corruption they have to claim the corruption doesn’t matter because the outrage over the blatant corruption isn’t real? That’s a weird one.

Obvious self dealing is obvious self dealing.

Yes, yes. We know, Trump Man Good.

But are you really outraged?

To miss the point by so far is remarkable to say the least.

1 Like

Food and accommodations for 3,500 cops over a two day period.

Not exactly gouging and Trump had nothing to do with the billing.

1 Like