Trump caves again - Vapes

Why?

5 characters

The vape madness PSAā€™s are even more silly than the old ā€œreefer madnessā€ films from the 50ā€™sā€¦

Funny, Many of the dems now like pot smoke, but hate vaping as the TV tells themā€¦ I think they just want it taxed.

Yesā€¦ the recent death thing is silly. Almost everyone who died lately was also breathing before hand. Does, this mean there is a correlation between breathing a death? Same basic logic as the vaping deathsā€¦

Gitmo still open?

Itā€™s not about you, itā€™s about whatā€™s best for society.

Vaping is Hitler.

Incredibly disingenuous arguments are all that exist here.

ā€œOn Jan. 22, 2009, Obama issued an executive order calling for the closure of the prison facility at the U.S. Navy base in Cuba within one year. But Congress didnā€™t agree with Obamaā€™s goal and banned the transfer of detainees to facilities within the United States.

Obama has, however, significantly reduced the number of detainees by 76 percent.ā€œ

Itā€™s not even close to the same thing

Of course it is, he said he would close it. Took a STRONG stance. Is it open?

He could have let them go.

Ideal world when leader is a nonexpert:

Leader: I donā€™t know much about this thing but Iā€™m going to learn about it before deciding what to do.
People: hereā€™s what we want
Experts: hereā€™s what we think
Leader: Great - hereā€™s what weā€™re going to do

Trump world:

Trump: Hereā€™s how itā€™s going to be - I know so much about this thing.
People: Actually, we donā€™t want that
Experts: Hereā€™s why youā€™re wrong
Trump: Okay, forget that thing I said before. Weā€™re doing the opposite.

Intuition is only useful if itā€™s based on experience - otherwise, itā€™s just a blind guess. Trump presents early hypotheses as well grounded policy decisions.

1 Like

Well you put strong in bold letters so I canā€™t argue with that.

1 Like

Congress stopped him from closing it.

If he does something, Outrage!

If he does nothing, Outrage!

When your whole world is fueled by hate for Trump you can spin anything as a cause for more hate.

2 Likes

No they didnā€™t. How do you know Congress didnā€™t stop Trump from dealing with the vaper scourge epidemic?

Thatā€™s just a sad go to Trump defense straight from Kellyanne to excuse something dumb Trump does.

People would be mad no matter what he does blah blah blah.

Gitmo still open?

Did you see Obamaā€™s last CBS interview before he left office?

Is that how we ended up bombing Libya into chaos under Obama and Hillary? Is that how the intel community missed 9/11. Is this how the govt let banks make bad loans and caused the crash?

Gosh, those " experts " donā€™t seem to have a great track record. See Vietnam too!

Dems for never ending wars and drug wars on vapingā€¦I guessā€¦

Because they didnā€™t.

I mean, ā– ā– ā–  are you talking about?

I recently saw a picture of a (handmade) sign in a school rest room that said ā€œNo peeing in the vape room.ā€

1 Like

What are you talking about? EO opened it. EO can close it. You got a SCOTUS ruling?

It is outrageous. The president turns on a dime, rather than planting his positions on solid reasoning and research beforehand.

Occasionally landing on the right answer doesnā€™t fix his dangerous methods.