Trump cancels Eagles visit over Anthem controversy

Fox is a great propaganda machine

As I said in another thread about this topic. The United States of America became…exists today because of protest…
PROTEST: a statement or action expressing disapproval of or objection to something.
The people in the new world…the colonies, decided that they did not like being taxed by the Crown. Right? So they protested strongly. Our country is derived from protest.

IN order for a Protest to be taken seriously it has to go noticed. IF a Protest were largely unnoticed, what would the outcome be. If they hadn’t thrown all that tea into Boston Harbor, would England have taken any notice? In order for any protest to be successful it has to be noticed. Not standing for the Anthem while it may be distasteful…is one of the most American and Patriotic things one could do. Protest has deep roots in the history of this nation. Or did you conveniently forget that?

I know my opinion won’t be popular with people on your side of the issue…but I have looked at this long and hard. I have one question. Do you feel Dr. King was a patriotic person or not?

1 Like

Anyone who doesn’t denounce Foxnews for this is a deplorable!!! I wonder if Jesus Saves Born Again Christian will call out foxnews?!?

Fox News has been a Deplorable media outlet for the past 7 or 8 years. I haven’t watched in at least that long.

Philadelphia Eagles tight end Zach Ertz on Tuesday criticized Fox News for using pictures of him and his teammates praying before the national anthem to illustrate a segment about President Trump’s criticism of anthem protests.

The stories are hitting the airwaves.

Name one member of the Philadelphia Eagles that did not stand for the national anthem. we’ll wait.

1 Like

don’t let facts get in the way of a decent outrage.

You know that none of the Eagles players knelt during the National Anthem, right?

LIBERTY and RUGGED INDIVIDUALISM unless we don’t like your message and then YOU WILL GET IN LINE OR ELSE.

It’s kind of funny that you literally just copied this from the WH press release.

Perhaps I’m confused but I think the players and staff who were going to show up today by definition did not refuse the invitation.

(Also the Eagles didn’t kneel during the anthem)

Man…you should do some research before commenting.

NOT ONE SINGLE EAGLES PLAYER TOOK A KNEE AT ANY POINT IN THE SEASON.

Read that again so it sinks in. Not one.

This isnt about the anthem…this is about thevl fact that there are people in this world who dont like Donald Trump and didnt want to meet him, and Donalds’ ego not being able to live with that.

Lets get something straight…his crap line about the people coming out for the event deserve better is exactly that…crap. The ones who were still coming knew well in advance that some players werent planning on accepting the invite, and still decided to show up.

If Trump were truly concerned about people deserving better HE wouldn’t have come to the event.

I work 2 blocks from the White House. I may walk over at 3pm and take a knee.

2 Likes

The only thing this President does very well. Reduce things to a cultural battle, and give hope to the most persecuted, powerless and alienated segment of the US population: the white male.

This story was dead a year ago until he breathed fiery and dangerous life back into it.

i dont understand why these black athletes dont stand proud for American … they should shut up and run that ball for our entertainment… it’s not like cops went overboard and hurt a professional athlete…/sarcasm

https://people.com/sports/sterling-brown-milwaukee-arrest-tasered/

Trump jokes are the best. Ha. They can’t hide in locker rooms! A keeper!

Hey Roxi…when you are sitting around just before kick off, putting the final touches on your fantasy football lineup…and the game that is on FOX in your Locale plays the national anthem. And they show the big 100 yard flag on the field and the 3 F 18 Hornets go streaking by in the crisp blue September sky. What do you do. Do you put your bee down, stand up and put your hand across your heart? I doubt it. I have never been anywhere but in a stadium where people stood for the national anthem. Not in a bar, not in the lot outside of the stadium, and not in anyone’s home.

So maybe…just maybe…before we start getting critical of the the athletes who are just trying to make a point. Maybe you and I should both be standing up in our homes, when the national anthem come on. I bet Trump does when he’s in his house…the White House…watching the NFL on FOX!

On the one hand, you should totally do that. But on the other, Trump will probably have he secret service arrest you.

The OP is fake news, SHS tells us the truth (as always!):