Trump campaign dupes people into appearing in videos

Have they sued yet?

Stick to whatever it is you do. You are wrong.

1 Like

You need my written permission if I walk across the street during your interview in the background.

I figured that is what happening.

I do law. I’m not wrong.

:rofl: No I don’t.

I know the law.

From the OP link:

Only after the questioning ended were the four tenants told that the interview was for the Republican Party, Ms. Perez said. But she said she was never told that it was for the convention.

No you don’t. Do you know CA or NY law?

Yes. I’m right.

https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/civil-code/civ-sect-3344.html

(a) Any person who knowingly uses another’s name, voice, signature, photograph, or likeness, in any manner, on or in products, merchandise, or goods, or for purposes of advertising or selling, or soliciting purchases of, products, merchandise, goods or services, without such person’s prior consent, or, in the case of a minor, the prior consent of his parent or legal guardian, shall be liable for any damages sustained by the person or persons injured as a result thereof. In addition, in any action brought under this section, the person who violated the section shall be liable to the injured party or parties in an amount equal to the greater of seven hundred fifty dollars ($750) or the actual damages suffered by him or her as a result of the unauthorized use, and any profits from the unauthorized use that are attributable to the use and are not taken into account in computing the actual damages. In establishing such profits, the injured party or parties are required to present proof only of the gross revenue attributable to such use, and the person who violated this section is required to prove his or her deductible expenses. Punitive damages may also be awarded to the injured party or parties. The prevailing party in any action under this section shall also be entitled to attorney’s fees and costs.

Participation is consent. Highlight the requirement for in writing.

Who made a profit?

You mean, have papers been filed? In days?

I bet those news crews spend a ■■■■ ton of time getting all those permission papers signed. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Has that lawsuit been filed yet?