Trump campaign dupes people into appearing in videos

No waiver, no proof of consent.

No I am not wrong.

You really are. You should maybe take a second and look this up.

The interview is proof of consent. Open your piehole on camera and you gave consent.

I don’t need to, I know how it works.

I work for a major multimedia company. You need one if you intend to use the footage to make money.

Or, most campaign spots.

Or, if there is a media policy in place.

Or, if you have good legal counsel.

No you don’t. Not legally. You may be confusing your company’s policies with the law. I thought your were some kind of IT security guy.

Participating in the interview is consent.

If you have a bad lawyer.

Nope.

I am, for a major multimedia company.

Legally you only have consent by consenting on video or consenting in writing. Period.

Without it, you cannot use that footage with their faces without possibility being sued.

Almost like it’s done specifically to prevent misleading people what you’re going to use the footage for.

That’s exactly why you do it. The consent form lists all the potential ways their footage can be used. It doesn’t even need to be very specific but it does generalize the usage.

I will also add that I am speaking of California and NY law. Other states may be different

Not if you were told it was going to be used for one purpose and it was used for another.

In other words, they were duped.

Much like folks back in February when a little black girl in Philadelphia was used as a ‘poster child’ for the failing school system’

Turns out she was enrolled in a pretty good charter school program.

I refuse to believe this could be true. Everything Trump touches is only with the highest standards and bigliest ethics. Unreproachable. All his fraud things are vicious lefty lies. Hold on while I quick go Google something that might sort of make it look other than this OP or something completely different.

Incorrect. Stick to IT.

Company policy is not law.

They were not duped. There is a witness.

It doesn’t matter anyway.

Wait, so did they lie in the video or not ?

In the video, the tenants raised concerns about conditions in the housing authority’s buildings, praised Mr. Trump’s record on public housing and attacked Mr. de Blasio’s. Ms. Perez, one of the tenants, said in an interview on Friday afternoon that she stood by her criticism of the authority but was furious about being tricked into appearing in a video shown at the R.N.C.

It doesn’t matter whether or not they are Trump supporters, what matters here are the statements they made in the video unless, of course, the video explicitly states that they are Trump supporters.

1 Like