Trump calls latest polls "fake news". Says he is leading in every state

He has specifically clarified what he means by it:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/994179864436596736

He said fake is anything that makes him look negative.

But no doubt he is thankful for people willing to rush to his defense in every situation.

You mean like Trump and his sympathetic media were doing in the run up to 2016, despite it being in fairly good shape at that point?

polls are meant to predict the winner of the election. not the meaningless “who will win most overall votes” which is utterly irrelevant.

so here’s your chance to be one of the first brave souls to reject that stupid desperate spin

The national polls only ever attempted to predict the popular vote. It’s all they’ve ever been able to try to predict. Now, we can decide what weight to give that when considering whether that will reflect the electoral winner, but that’s up to you to decide, and no one else.

Polls very accurately predict the popular vote, which align with the electoral vote a VAST MAJORITY of the time. It’s not spin to say that national polling only accurately predicts the popular vote. It’s not spin to say that the big pre-election polls do not exist to predict the electoral outcome. It’s just a correlation.

Your misunderstanding of what the national polls actually attempt to measure does not make accurately describing what they measure “spin.”

2 Likes

Just by that comment it is clear that you don’t have a clue how polls are taken and what they represent.

you too one day may be brave enough to admit that polls are meant to predict who wins the presidency

give it time

it’s a process… don’t be in too big a hurry to admit.

Brad Parscale was one of the primary reasons Trump won in 2016. He is heading up the team for 2020.

2008 called. They want their partisan scare tactics back.

I’ll take that as a “no”.

Given that the OP is about Trump, polls, and fake news …would it be OK to ask where the “pee tapes” are?

correct - but as in “no” i dont fall for all the ■■■■■■■■ meaningless polls

sorry media idiots

If polls are so awful why does Trump’s campaign still do internal polls?

2018 called. Scare tactics such as “caravans invading!” used by Republicans candidates didn’t work.

You got some competition, buddy.

I am wondering when the unskewed polls will make a comeback.

This jackass?

i dunno. what am i, a pollster?

all the polls were right on in 2016. no one was surprised hillary lost. lol

what a world

I don’t remember EVER being taught that polling was a predictor of the electoral vote. I only ever remember being taught that we elect presidents with the electoral college. Pollsters have only ever claimed to track the national popular vote.

If a person is able to think for themselves, they should realize this. People who let their favorite brand of punditry do the thinking for them may never realize this.