Trump belives covid is just going to disappear (still)

You sure seem to be putting all your hope in one vessel.

Mod Note

As you can see, OPs are going to require more effort than initially shown. In general, you might avoid tweets as a sole source in an OP. Thank you for adding the text you did.

3 Likes

Trump is desperate for COVID to magically disappear. His campaign is being submarined by an adversary he doesn’t understand, can’t distract or deflect from, and doesn’t care how many childish nicknames he can think up for it.

The fact that he pushed hard to see states reopen their economies with little regard for the consequences isn’t lost on his elderly base.

3 Likes

So am I.

1 Like

Different reason.

Unless it isn’t?

I don’t know his reason.

I provided the reason I believe he has. Do you find it an unreasonable assumption?

No, but I have found “reasonable” has very little to do with Trump specifically or pols generally.

Fair.

I guess it’s possible that eventually it’ll mutate to a harmless form

President Trump is right, eventually it will become part of the norm of every day health hazards with a vaccine that isn’t 100% effective like the flu vaccine.

Unfortunately for him, and the rest of us, he isn’t right yet. Makes his statement seem shortsighted and not helpful as we continue to work through this pandemic without his leadership.

Most respiratory viruses do so, why should this one be any different?

Trump’s right. The fear of Covid19 infectionnis yellow-journalism driven. Because it it has been insufficiently fatal, the Chinese third column is having to broaden the net of deaths to record as Covid19 fatalities, without testing the corpse, the death of someone who has possibly been in the vicinity of someone who was in the vicinity of someone who tested positive for any Corona virus or any Corona virus antigen.

Fauci is stalling the economy until his big pharma paymasters can line up untested vaccines they can foist on the world to reduce dramatically the planet population to a more manageable number.

Actually, we all are. That’s why we are fortunate to have someone in power who also relies on God. God isn’t in over His head.

2 Likes

Orange Jesus will chase the virus away, oh, ye of little faith!

3 Likes

IMO the federal government, with it’s significant resources, and it’s ability to plan regionally, rather than state by state, should be coordinating the pandemic response.

The fact that our POTUS seems to think this thing will just disappear…well, from an armchair therapist QB POV, this is how he’s lived his whole life. Things that are bad for him, he just ignores them, and because he has a huge bankroll behind him, eventually they just go away after the people he pays deal with them.

From a practical, ‘what does this mean for America’ POV, we are ■■■■■■■ If this is the level of engagement the POTUS has with the greatest threat we’ve faced in the last 50 years, we are utterly ■■■■■■■

It’s July and we just set a new record. Somehow this one is different.

2 Likes

And you don’t think Trump pressured them to open? Or that they sought Trump’s favor by doing so?

The fact that the states that opened before meeting fed guidelines are all GOP govs with records of being big trump supporters suggests there is a connection.

the tin foil must be extra tight today

3 Likes

Who said they were all GOP states? At the beginning of June only three states met the standards for opening, NY, NJ and Illinois. They didn’t ease restrictions but every other state was. So are democrats down to control of just three states now?