Trump attacks McCain over dossier, Meghan McCain swipes back

Yeah this is all very productive. To have our commander in chief talking ■■■■ publicly so his deplorable followers will send death threats to McCain’s widow. Spite revenge divisiveness and impetuous sniveling and whining is the leadership we needed. :us:

1 Like

Then it was stupid when you answered it too

And the difference holds. Trump said he didn’t like soldiers that were captured.

That’s a petty and ignorant position, especially for a Commander-in-Chief.

1 Like

Enough with the propaganda and the spin. Trump specifically questioned the heroism of John McCain and other soldiers who spent years as prisoners of war. He did so not only as a man who never went to war himself, but who had his daddy use his power to ensure he never had to go.

I’m so beyond tired of Republicans having this mantle of supporting the military and the troops while simultaneously carrying water for a man who is totally unapologetic about repeatedly mocking the service of men like McCain.

It’s a very big rock with room for dozens of Republican Senators and hundreds of Representatives under it.

Apparently it’s a very well kept secret now that Obama’s Deepstate is gone and can’t leak secrets anymore.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/03/20/what-explains-trumps-mental-strain-his-facade-is-showing-fresh-cracks/?utm_term=.e96a5a96da2a

I think this opinion piece explains a lot about his latest meltdowns.

Sounds like Trump will label this guy a loser.

This thread is about Trump taking a crap on a war hero in John McCain.

Take your Q stuff and start a different thread. Its off-topic and trolling.

2 Likes

Insecurity seems to be his bigly emotion to me.

1 Like

Being captured does not make one a hero.
Trump was responding to a questioner who said that McCain was a hero because he had been a POW for 5 1/2 years.
Anyone can be a POW simply by surrendering.
No one knows if McCain was tortured except McCain and his captors. There is no proof of it.
What we do know is that McCain sang like a bird. He signed confessions admiting to war crimes. He made “Tokyo Rose” style propaganda broadcasts for the enemy.
Tortured or not, that is not heroic. It may be understandable, but it is not heroic.

That’s right it’s about traitor McCain who flushed all those atta boys down the toilet for an attempted coup.

Please stop denegrating an American hero just for the sake of propping up the most disgusting thing to ever sit in the Wh. It’s very transparent and woefully wrong.

1 Like

Dude, seriously?

1 Like

Have you ever had to care for someone who has been a POW? I have. It’s not pretty. I can’t tell you the times I had to go to my grandfather’s room and sit with him for hours in the middle of the night because he woke up screaming from the nightmares he had from being a POW. And this was in the 80’s - so WWII had been over for decades by this point. He had multiple heart attacks and strokes from the stress it put on his body.

Think really hard about that before slighting what someone may have been through as a POW.

3 Likes

Thanks for your opinion but wrong, Obama was the worst with all his darn scandals!

Another spineless coward.

https://twitter.com/senatemajldr/status/1108412643902132224?s=21

You know that’s just your partisan opinion, right?

Not according to the evidence Judicial Watch has been gathering for the last two years.

I am not going to contend McCain sung like a bird. I’ve said Trump should not have denigrated McCain for being captured. It is horrible that Trump did that. However heroic McCain was, that did not give him the right to be behind a dossier generated by a Democratic opposition group in league with Russia, and leak that to the press in order to get back at Trump. He wanted him impeached and did his best to impeach him, and then lie that he did not leak this to the press. Heroism does not give him the credibility to be so underhanded to start the effort to impeach Trump. Trump horrible personality, yes. McCain horrible action, yes. Totally ignoring his underhandedness, and hiding behind his military service, is not right. Now, people here are just using McCain, as yet another battering ram against Trump, I wonder how many refrained to criticize him when he faced Obama, 10 years ago because of his military service, and thought it was despicable to criticize McCain. I wonder if people here similarly bashed John Lewis for comparing him to George Wallace, and criticized Obama for his criticisms of McCains policies.

What if McCain believed things in the dossier to be true and was the reason he gave it to the fbi to look into? I don’t think it’s fair to characterize all this as an underhanded way to start Trump’s impeachment. Trump took money from Russia when he couldn’t get loans elsewhere. Trump praises Putin and jokes about the murder of journalists. Everyone around Trump lies about their connections with Russia. Trump was trying to get a deal for a Trump Tower in Moscow while running for office and lying about it. Trump’s children and campaign manager, who owed money to russian oligarchs, took a meeting in trump tower to get dirt on Hillary. And Trump called for Russia to find Hillary’s emails and they started hacking that night. How can anyone honestly just find that all normal and not a reason to take the dossier more seriously?

This is so incredibly more than just McCain “not liking” Trump and wanting to hurt him.

1 Like