Trump attacks McCain over dossier, Meghan McCain swipes back

here’s another really good example of where we are as a nation…

If I were president, I wouldn’t be stupid enough to think I could send them into a combat situation with a zero chance of being captured or killed. War is a dangerous situation - a president accepts that danger when committing soldiers to combat.

This demonstrates that every time Trump makes the irresponsible and pathetic decision to besmirch a man who actually has served his country, that decision is amplified by those who he inspires to the same pathetic behavior.

4 Likes

You have to give Trump credit for knowing the 6 things to say to get the base squarely behind him even to the point of supporting him trashing a POW.

1 Like

That’s not the question. These libs are claiming that a president should want an army of POWs.
If capture is heroic, the entire French Army in WWII would have been heroes.

I have seen no such claim in this thread (nor anywhere else).

2 Likes

I guess this is the kind of stuff a person has to post when they support a politician who trashes an American POW.

2 Likes

Wow. Resorting to outright falsehoods to defend your man here huh? Good work! :+1:

2 Likes

Where is John Huber?

1 Like

She is still a three ring circus where ever she goes.

Assinine…completely assinine!

Leave it to trump to have a twitter war with a dead man…and call it winning!

2 Likes

Georgia Senator Johnny Isakson, Chairman of both the Ethics and Veteran’s Affairs Committees, has stated he will take to the floor of the Senate today to strike back against Trump for his repeated attacks against the late John McCain.

Good for him. I’m from GA, and have been a bit irritated with him of late for kissing up to Trump so much. Maybe he’s finally starting to figure out Trump is on the wrong side of history.

The wrong side of everything.

2 Likes

A dead ex-POW.

That’s the kind of child that runs our country.

It’s a good thing Lee isn’t still a mod. He didn’t put up with people trashing the military.

Something Graham should’ve done a long time ago but he’s too chicken ■■■■ to hurt fat donald’s feelings.

I just want to lay it on the line, that the country deserves better, the McCain family deserves better, I don’t care if he’s president of United States, owns all the real estate in New York, or is building the greatest immigration system in the world. Nothing is more important than the integrity of the country and those who fought and risked their lives for all of us.”

5 Likes

What a stupid question.

Trump didn’t say he didn’t like soldiers to be captured.
He said he didn’t like soldiers that were captured.

Emperor Hirohito had similar feelings. ‘Kamikaze’ ring a bell?

This is what I was replying to:
“And had Jimmy Carter attacked your grandfather and said that he liked his soldiers not being captured in war, he would have never been elected president.”

What president would like his soldiers being captured in war?

:heavy_check_mark:

I can’t understand why the President would, once again, disparage a man as exemplary as my friend John McCain: heroic, courageous, patriotic, honorable, self-effacing, self-sacrificing, empathetic, and driven by duty to family, country, and God.

6:49 PM - Mar 19, 2019

Does Romney live under a rock?