Trump asks court to force Twitter to restore his account

My question is why does the left continue to give him press?
I agree with what you said, he NEEDS the attention, so if he was ignored MAYBE he would go away.

:rofl::+1:t4:

For better or worse, Trump remains the most influential Republican and thus merits press attention.

Because the media has no self control. They amplify him for profit and to keep things stirred up.

1 Like

I hope Trump don’t run and the GOP runs someone more fiscally conservative. At Biden’s descent I am banking that he will be at Trumps approval rating or below by 2024 and a place mat can beat him. Trump is to toxic.

1 Like

He’s already running.

I :heart: Emojis…:rofl::+1:t3:

1 Like

Oh, I’d prefer they ignore him but I understand why they don’t and it isn’t just profit. Like I said, Trump is the leader of the Republican Party at this time. Candidates have to kowtow to him.

2 reasons

1- make more money off rubes
2- he thinks Twitter will let him back if he’s a candidate.

I disagree. His complete media acumen is his talent.

Censorship is an ugly move no matter how you try and rationalize it.

It’s not censorship…he broke their rules. Can I say whatever I want on this board and not get banned?

1 Like

There is no other term for it. It was across numerous platforms with no post that caused it.

1 Like

It is interesting to look back at the flimsy pretext and how poorly the Biden administration has performed.

The second tweet was a statement claiming the unrest was due to alleged flaws in the election.

“These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long,” Trump wrote.

“Go home with love & in peace. Remember this day forever!”

Twitter said early Thursday morning that Trump deleted the offending tweets and that his account would be restored within 12 hours, according to Bloomberg.

Meanwhile, Facebook also removed Trump’s video from its platform, and later blocked him from posting for 24 hours. Instagram, which is owned by Facebook, also instituted a 24-hour ban.

“We’ve assessed two policy violations against President Trump’s Page which will result in a 24-hour feature block, meaning he will lose the ability to post on the platform during that time,” Facebook said in a statement.

Snapchat also said late Wednesday night that they had removed President Trump from their platform as well, according to Axios.

Clearly this was all to silence political dissent.

There was no call to violence and no statement greater than disparaging the election Covid modified process…A sacred American right.

CENSORSHIP!!

Pretty simple- don’t violate the TOS repeatedly. Banning happens on most platforms. And let’s be honest- the dude has been Mike Lindell level of Ker-azy for a while now.

Good. This censoring needs to be addressed in a courtroom and their protection from section 230 repealed in the House.

2 Likes

Except Trump did not violate the TOS.

Not even close.

Political dissent is a vital part of US rhetoric.

It was blatant silencing of a political foe. Communist China level move.

2 Likes

You’re not getting it.

You don’t get to make that call. Twitter does.

Just like this message board.

1 Like

This has nothing to do with Section 230.

The First Amendment is why Twitter is protected, here.

1 Like

That is the VERY next step to silencing opposition.

Do you see the problem yet?

It is a classic example example of censorship.