Trump and First Lady tested positive for Covid-19

It is what it is.

As I showed in the picture I posted? Not everyone does all of the time.

It’s not silly they will be millions homeless once the mortgage forbearance programs that are in place run out. One just has to look at what happened in the great recession when 10 million people lost their homes and those people didn’t get a mortgage forbearance option.

When they start to run out in May and those past payments come due many of these people will have to default and will be foreclosed on. Some of us are lucky some will be poor after this and lose everything. I haven’t heard many people say everyone should be out partying, and the people most at risk the elderly and pre-existing conditions should stay home, but I am not sure this slow bleed of the economy while keeping young people at home is a smart move conidering you probably have more chance in High School dying of a school shooting than Covid-19.

Everyone is putting there hopes on a vaccine that may or may not be effective, eventually unless you are set financially or lucky enough to work for home one is likely going to lose everything.

I am lucky to have my house paid off and work from home, but I don’t know if this company will downsize and I have to search somewhere else, I never know. I do know if given a choice at age 40 between homelessness or a dose of covid I would take the covid dose with the odds so low at my age of dying than to be put on the streets. It might not make for a fun thought but their is an economic question to this, I don’t want this country to turn to Eritrea.

2 Likes

So, a mask makes you 100% immune?

Who wears a mask 100% of the time?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

“Immune” is not the argument.

Had some trips to Taiwan back when SARS was all the rage. Masks, temperature checks, both common but business and life went on.

@Bosun

We do make sense. Which is why the conversation shifts.

1 Like

This is the treatment for someone who is doing well.

3 Likes

The truth will out eventually. Either Trump will recover or he won’t. Either scenario will have a significant impact on the nation.

I said it elsewhere - the next two weeks are going to be bonkers. Easy prediction, I know.

3 Likes

The people listening to Trump’s doctor say on Saturday morning he was diagnosed 72 hours earlier and concluding that means Wednesday are the ones not doing math?

He may not be literally on death’s door but getting multiple experimental treatments and pulse oxing in the mid-80s is absolutely severely ill. Especially given the course we’ve seen this run in others.

I’m surprised when the doc uttered then corrected himself saying ‘40’ it didn’t send off shock waves. Hubby and I both looked up and said ‘end tidal CO2’ at the same time. Usually when assessing O2 levels the end tidal CO2 is observed as well… (norms 35-45). I expect theorists may assign that nefarious reasons for the ‘40’ before its all over. Claiming the doctors from Walter Reed are liars is a point that folks are welcome to hound.

1 Like

He should get treatment appropriate to his condition, but you can’t look at what they’ve been doing and claim he’s just fine and will be walking out of the hospital tomorrow.

A) It doesn’t make you 100% immune
B) Nobody wears a mask all the time
C) It’s incredibly ■■■■■■■ stupid to attend big indoor parties with no masks

These things are not contradictory

7 Likes

They’re treating him best they can and I guess I didn’t expect so much narrative to float up about doctors lying or that Trumps message was actually a prerecorded tape and whatnot.

Why?
…

I don’t subscribe to conspiracy theories, but people have good reason to not take anything comimg from this adminstration at face value.

1 Like

According to whom?

He “could return as early as tomorrow” is a subjective claim about possible outcomes from a doctor who’s been putting the rosiest possible spin on things so far.

He’s getting experimental treatments, getting treatments normally used only in severe cases, and had O2 levels in the mid-80s (bad) and got supplemental oxygen yesterday are objective facts. He could walk out tomorrow if his condition miraculously improves but you’ve gotta be crazy to think that’s likely.

1 Like