Trump and First Lady tested positive for Covid-19

Trump said there was a cure. Why in the hell are they not giving it to Christie?!?!

Second week in the hospital? Folks don’t just “check themselves into the hospital” and stay for weeks. It’s not an Embassy Suites Longterm Stay place.

Any other news other than he’s under “close watch”?

No. It’s a belief. The science has already been discussed. If you decide you don’t want to agree with the science, you’re left with belief.

2 Likes

No, it is science. I did my research. Looked at charts and everything.

I understand, it’s difficult to accept.

The other serious case is a security official from the WH. Some insinuation that he could be the originator.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12876669/donald-trumps-security-chief-hospital-covid-white-house-superspreader/

Bailey’s illness means that at least 34 people in Trump’s orbit are now known to have become infected since the event, according to a leaked FEMA tally.

Yeah, that’s bull ■■■■ , blaming the guy with no proof. ■■■■ reporting. Is that a tabloid?

1 Like

I’d urge you to look again.

You didn’t answer a previous question. If all H1N1 is the same virus, why didn’t the H1N1 given in the 2008-2009 seasonal flu vaccine give any protection against the 2009 pandemic H1N1? Those that received the vaccine developed H1N1 antibodies. How could they be the same virus if the antibodies didn’t give protection to both H1N1 strains?

1 Like

I understand. It’s scary.

They changed because trump could still be infectious.

Smart people protecting Biden from trumps covid.

Allan

I don’t know how tabloid that article is, but there is an edge to a story that insinuates a particular individual is the root of the outbreak.

The Bailey story is only in a few publications so I am thinking there must be a reason for restraint in the major outlets.

I’ve posted it here because it sounds like one of the few cases that are serious and that is the pivot point for the politics of this outbreak.

It’s fine to post, I just think it’s shoddy journalism and agree with you about them intimating.

That is the only article I found that takes that angle, but it is interesting to me how little traction this story has in general. The press is not known for grace or tact.

I feel sorry for the guy and I hope he pulls through. Maybe I shouldn’t be propagating the story.

1 Like

I appreciate your guess. Thanks for sharing.

Heh. I see that one person giving detailed scientific responses and I see one person making claims with no scientific backing. It’s pretty clear the former knows what he talking about and the latter not so much.

I have scientific backing. I did my research.

That could have been dealt with easily at the original location with the original format.

I am glad you are not in charge of the debates.

Why would you put a presidential candidate at risk?

However slight.

Allan

Not just the candidate, think of the teams on each side. Think of the support people making the debate happen all scrambling around. Video people. Audio. Makeup.

I think it could have been handled at the venue but it wouldn’t have been easy.

Don’t exaggerate. Maintenance of isolation between candidates and moderator(s) and crew/audience is relatively easy. Considering that the normal safe distance isolation already assumes that one or more of the event participants may be contagious, it’s no big deal to place greater emphasis on a particular participant who is known to be contagious.

Why chance it, we have modern technology that makes the risk zero.

It’s that what we should strive for?

Allan