Trump administration's legacy should be its cruelty to children

I agree, trolling is fun. How’s the weather up there?

The fact that these people are comparing these places to actual concentration camps, where horrors were, and other atrocities, and they have never seen or been through the real deal, is quite funny. They’re all acting out of emotion, with no logic to really back it up.

I digress, though.

I could comment on this, but then I’ll be accused of playing the victim card, so I’ll just sit in silence. All I’m going to say is, you don’t know what kinds of things you are implying.

We don’t need conservative values, but they would do well to pick up some humanist liberal values.

No, you don’t digress. In how many of what we know as “concentration camps” historically are the people allowed to get up and return home, but refuse to do so?

That’s a fair point. Let’s ask the resident liberals here what they think.

However, it is also a fair point in that some of these kids may be running away from dysfunctional homes already, so it might not be in their best interest to send them home. I don’t know of the actual number of those that are running away from home is, though.

Family values? Values that center around success and hospitality? We don’t need those?

Other than “the ovens” and starvation associated with the holocaust, which people are not comparing, please explain the differences?

People in immigration detention can get up and go home whenever they wish.

2 Likes

Can they? Please link.

Is that with or without the child we separated them from and then lost track of?

Let’s see…

The death camps had the purpose of exterminating those who did not fit Hitler’s vision. These places don’t, as they are temporary holding areas.

The death camps had far more people who died. The death camps also used mass graves. They also used slave labor, working the inmates until they died, and these places don’t do that. The younger residents of the death camps, usually under 16 years of age, and the elderly were sent immediately off to the gas chambers, whereas, everyone is kept in these places. These kids also got to keep their clothing, while in the death camps, everyone’s clothes were taken from them, which helps engrain the vision that they are lowly animals into them.

Also, these places hold the kids temporarily, while the concentration camps were permanent.

Read the last half of this article: https://arcdigital.media/no-the-u-s-is-not-running-concentration-camps-at-the-border-3d0c6eeb0caf

I explicitly stated that the comparison had nothing to with the holocaust. Why waste your own time?

Oh but she is. Concentration camps, fascism, what else is she implying? The weenie hut junior cafe from Sponge Bob? Add two and two together.

People have tried to make it simpler for y’all, but you can’t see past “Hitler”. The camps existed long before they turned into “death camps” and the final solution, like a frog in boiling water. Dehumanization was part of the process.

Maybe a softer example like “internment” would make you fell better?

We don’t have a ton of examples to point to in history… that right there should tell you something.

1 Like

I’ve read some horrendous reports regarding the treatment of children. I want to know:

WHERE ARE ALL THE PRO-LIFERS??? If they care so much about a clump of cells which aren’t even born, what about those who are living breathing??? Right, wrong color.

Not humanity? Because that’s what liberals do.

Selective comparison?

Like I said, not many examples to use from modern history. That alone should tell you we are on the wrong side.

Internment work better for you? That’s another one we regret.

That’s a great point.

Hey! Is this a good source?