Trump Admin Gives OK to Sell Nuclear Tech to Saudis

I agree, let’s help Iran, Syria, Jordan, Yemen and UAE the same way. It’ll be a “good thing”

It would be.

What poses proliferation risks are enrichment and reprocessing technology, not fast reactors. But don’t take it on my word alone.

from Nuclear Proliferation Safeguards - World Nuclear Association

While nuclear power reactors themselves are not a proliferation concern, enrichment and reprocessing technologies are open to use for other purposes, and have been the cause of proliferation through illicit or unsafeguarded use, as outlined in the Appendix to this paper. This problem is largely addressed in the Additional Protocol, as described above, and in fact such sensitive nuclear technologies (SNT) are largely confined to NPT weapons states plus Japan. For most countries they would make no economic sense, and several recent initiatives focus on how to create conditions which make them unattractive propositions.

Modern fast reactors alleviate those problems, not generating large amounts of waste and not requiring large stockpiles of uranium.

from https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2452303815000023

Fast-neutron reactors started up and operating on plutonium fuel do not require uranium enrichment. There is no long-term storage of SNF in the closed fuel cycles of fast reactors. Gradual replacement of thermal reactors by fast reactors, due to natural uranium being in short supply, creates prerequisites for phasing out uranium enrichment.

Otherwise Russia will sell them the kind of reactors that do pose a proliferation risk. But you would know all that had you bothered to read the article the first time I linked it.

Trump republicans wanting to nuke up the Middle East all because they like a politician and a few of his policies.

Figures.

Doesn’t giving nuke tech to countries like that mean you hate Israel?

i doubt that Israel is happy.