TRUDEAU TURNS: Trudeau Slams Trump’s Tariffs, Retaliates with US TAX

Blanket tariffs? Canada knows how to play the game.

:rofl:

I’d wager I have more conservative principles and ideological beliefs in my pinky finger than you have in your entire body. I know the knee-jerk reaction is to assume anyone who does not bend the knee and kiss the ring of Trump is automatically an evul librul. :drooling_face:

And expect the EU to also follow suit as well. Targeted tariffs that will bring the pain the most to the party of the President. In the end though, the reality is that all Americans will suffer as a result. We may see hundreds of thousands of jobs lost. Sure, we may see 2,000 or even 5,000 saved in the steel and aluminum industries. But the net loss will be 6 figures easily, if things continue on this course.

what you fail to realize is that Canadians LIKE Florida orange juice.

What you fail to realize is that US companies need steel and aluminum from Canada to meet demand. So they will still buy it, just at a higher price.

Well, at least the government will take in more money (from us consumers)!

Good one.

The only ones who are willing to make Americans hurt are the wealthy and powerful. Once again just one of those things that transcends political ideology, but unfortunately many of you are too SOS to realize that in the end all of this is going to impact you just like it’s going impact me. You said the common man isn’t a wuss, we’ll see when those prices go up.

We get steel from Russia too, that would help demand since 45 didn’t put no tariffs on them.

Riiiiiight then there are your recent posts. lol

Prices WILL go up. And American raw materials will be in greater demand by American manufacturers. And there will be more jobs for more Americans in the raw material industries. And all of this will occur while Americans are creating, building, learning, adding skills to their own lives, earning self respect… unlike the raise-the-minimum-wage whataboutism that is often trotted out when rising prices are discussed. There is no inherent increase in American strength when wages are arbitrarily set without regard to value added.

The tariff process allows Americans to help Americans. Brave Trade!

Canada???

Our relationship is pretty well balanced.

I can understand tariffs on the Chinese. But he’s threatening Germany and Canada? That makes no sense at all.

Stop falling for the the banana in the tail pipe

I don’t know what that means, buddy.
:thinking:

Have you studied Canada’s unfair trade practices? What do you base your statement on, knowledge or gut feel?

What is not conservative in any of these posts of mine? :thinking:

I’ve seen 150,000 losses as the number we’re likely to lose from Trump’s most recent announcement against Canada.

1 Like

What REALLY makes no sense is the “national security” justification that is being pushed to justify the tariffs.

2 Likes

He looks very pleased with his apprentice.

Our extremely close military alliance for one thing. We are their largest trading partner and they are our second largest.

Yes they have dumped lumber and that’s an issue.

But they aren’t China. There is no need to treat them like this. Trump is being a dick about it.