TRUDEAU TURNS: Trudeau Slams Trump’s Tariffs, Retaliates with US TAX

U.S. finds Canada is dumping softwood lumber
U.S. finds Canada lumber harms U.S. producers
U.S. Department of Commerce Finds Dumping and Subsidization of Import from Canada
Canada Crossing Line Between Fair and Unfair Trade
Jimmy Carter: Trump is Right Canada’s Lumber Trade Practices Are Unfair

1 Like

Oh wow. I didn’t know this. Thanks for the link.

Yeah, it’s apparent now to all of our allies, and likely enemies too, that the Trump administration is full of bad faith actors. How can you ever successfully negotiate with people who you believe will renege on their word at a moments notice?

I guess you’re perfectly fine with the Keystone Pipeline?

Conservatives weren’t joking around about not negotiating without preconditions, were they?

"On Tuesday, Vice President Mike Pence called to say, sure, the White House would host the meeting, but only if Trudeau agreed in advance to add a five-year sunset clause to NAFTA, meaning that the pact would expire after five years unless the U.S., Canada, and Mexico all agreed to renew it. “So I answered that, unfortunately, if that was a precondition to our visit, I was unable to accept — and so we did not go to Washington for that day of negotiations.”

1 Like

It’s as if they have no clue how international trade works. Or what business confidence in investments even means. The very basics of trade negotiations. It’s embarrassing.

1 Like

So why put a tariff on products they don’t dump, while doing so on th ones they do? See, we do have rules in place.

1 Like

Exactly. It’s almost as if they don’t have a clue what they’re doing here. :flushed:

Higher gas prices. Higher prices on consumer products due to all these new tariffs. The common man has many reasons to rejoice these days to dwindling discretionary income.

1 Like

You seem to be proposing the status quo which has not worked, Canada has been dumping wood products for decades. Team Trump is telling Canada enough is enough.

2 Likes

Fair trade not free trade, fair trade not cheating gaming and dumping.

1 Like

Libs want nothing more than to see people hurt by Trump’s decisions. Finding and convincing people they are victims is their go-to strategy.

Oh yes libbies… the forgotten man is so stupid, each and every man and woman shot themselves in their proverbial foot by voting for Trump.THEY SHOULD HAVE LET YOU DECIDE HOW THEY SHOULD VOTE. RIGHT?

Hey Canada, you’ve been dumping wood. So we are going to levy taxes against your steel and aluminum because something something something national security? I’m not following this weird Trump logic. Can you Trumpsplain for me?

to borrow from Starbucks new terminology, Trump is engaging in

Brave Trade !
Brave trade is not for wusses.

1 Like

The common man is not a wuss.

So how will putting tariffs on steel and aluminum affect lumber?

Those really really smart people thought the stock market would crash. We common people just don’t have a brain in our heads. We are so stupid.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

You’re right. Our president is not a common man.

Oh, hey, by the way…

Deripaska quit at the end of May. So I guess no sanctions or tariffs on the worlds 2nd largest aluminum producer.

MRGA!

1 Like

Just leave the big decisions to us, Dem’s clearly suck at business and trade.

Middle class jobs are being lost to other countries due to unfair trade practices. Candidate Trump toured the country meeting with middle class Americans, he promised them if elected that he would fight for their jobs and fair trade. He’s delivering on that promise.