Trey Gowdy Buries Spygate

Nunes has been pretty quiet since the briefing.

I don’t particularly care what you think nor was my question addressed to you.

1 Like

Now that Trey Gowdy has said the FBI did right by embedding an informant in the Trump campaign, should someone be prosecuted for leaking the informant’s name and putting the informant’s security at risk?

He was an informant, not a covert operative, there would be no basis for charges as there would be if it was an FBI/CIA operative.

1 Like

The article is good but it does not do the actual fox news interview justice. Gowdy does not bury spygate he takes it out back and beats it with a shovel.

3 Likes

Got it! Thanks

not only that, this informant was working FOR ALL OF US and ON MULTIPLE INVESTIGATIONS.

some people appear to be okay that one of our own helpers was outed and that other investigations (and people he was working with) are now trashed. it’s disgraceful.

1 Like

It wasnt addressed.like that matters.

Won’t mention Shep Smith’s take-down since all Trumpsters see him as a lib but this stands out as well:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/05/29/napolitano_trumps_spygate_claims_seem_to_be_baseless_no_evidence_of_that.html

1 Like

While this may be technically true, just think of the long term damage this has done to our Law enforcement agencies and their ability to get fellow Americans to covertly work for them without fear of being exposed by politicians in an overtly political fashion in Congress.

I’m starting to disagree with this idea…I was listening to a podcast called the daily.( nytimes) they were covering the Watergate scandal…Hillary back in 93? 94? Was saying the same stuff trump is now.

I mean we weren’t as tribal as then…maybe? I’m starting to think we have always been this way and the media just magnified it.

2 Likes

Media is different now, then throw social media into the fray.

You’re right I believe we have always been this way.

Then it’s just amped up

Just further proof of how menacing Deep State has become!!! They’ve gotten to Gowdy. He’s probably not seeking re-election for his own safety. After he patriotically showed how corrupt Clinton was with Benghazi, he’s had a target on his back ever since.

He should be tried for treason. :slight_smile:

Well, with all due respect, he’s wrong. The first thing they do is inform Trump that one of his campaign workers might be working with the Russians, as either a spy, or at the very least they have become a security risk.

If Hilary’s campaign were to of had a campaign worker that was suspected by the FBI and CIA of working with the Russians as a spy, or may have been compromised, the FBI and CIA sure as hell would have informed Hilary, and worked with her to figure out what the hell was going on.

(Narrator’s Voice) They did.

6 Likes

They shouldn’t have sent spies into the Trump campaign, they should have contacted the candidate, and informed him what was going on.

It was the secret cabal of five or six people, with no evidence at all, who just assumed Trump must be a part of some Russian conspiracy, and they started going down the wrong road.

Didn’t Comey say Trump’s reaction was when he heard the news that the FBI was investigating his staff, that it was a good thing, and we need to continue the investigation to find out if anyone was guilty of colluding with the Russians?

If true, then all the FBI had to do was inform Trump, and he’d have worked with them to discover if there were any people in his campaign colluding with Russians. but instead, they assumed Trump might be guilty, and started to investigate to catch him in the act, so to speak.

Yeah but, Gowdy is just a water boy for congress anyway. It’s not like he’s important or anything.

How would you know for sure that a man who has never had a security clearance, or (as far as we know) been investigated by the FBI, wasn’t in some way involved? And honestly, we still don’t know he wasn’t.

AND THEY DID WARN HIM! They told him russians would try to influence his campaign. A couple days later his son and campaign manager and son in law met with a russian who represented the Kremlin…

1 Like