Trend Continues: Less Revenue From Tax Bill

So do you agree with the Trump administration that the deficit is going down?

But the retailer purchased 300 items and expected to make $0.10 cents on each item. You are only making half the profit you expected, but your fixed costs (price you paid the manufacturer for each item) remains the same.

You are less profitable than if you sold all 300 of them for $0.5 more.

Also, when some things, even on sale, don’t move, a retailer will reduce the price to even less than they paid for it, to clear inventory for new merchandise.

I can’t remember the last time CBO was near accurate on anything. Please refresh my memory.

Their margin of error was 1.6% for the FY2017 outlays projection [1]. Memory refreshed.

And this OP is regarding actuals.

1. https://www.cbo.gov/publication/53923

I really don’t have a clue and I really don’t care. But you go right on frothing at the mouth. It suits you.

Tax cuts don’t pay for themselves [1]. Never do they result in higher revenues compared to the status quo baseline prior to being enacted.

1. Tax Cuts Don't Pay For Themselves | Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget

Epitome of a Trump supporter.

7 Likes

When you’re a drooling at the mouth Trump worshiper, the “I don’t know and I don’t care” roughly translates to “I don’t want to admit it so I’m going to pretend it doesn’t exist”.

The Trump administration is lying about the effects over and over again.

MAGA!
Get over it!
Eat your Peas!

Trumpanda Forever!

You really don’t care whether deficits go up or down? Did you care 2 years ago?

You’re not comparing like with like.

The tax cuts only went into effect in February.

Because we have examples of every time this was tried.

i\It’s wishful thinking on YOUR part that this time everything will be different, not on our part that it won’t work.

There are more than 1 steps to getting it into the consumer hands. Each step usually has a profit margin. A place I worked at, it would come from the distributor at a lower “sale price” and the manager would mark it up the usual, maybe a little less. We’d sell more. So the store made more money, the distriutor made more money, and in theory the company making the product made more money.

Another way was we’d keep track of the number of a certain item that was sold (gotta love bar codes), and then the distributor would “credit” the sale price for start to end date on all the items sold (next delivery the credit was applied.

Sigh.

No matter how you slice it - the retailer is bringing in less revenue and earning less profit when they put items on sale then if they sold the same item at the original price.

Retailers never purchase goods at the price they want to sell them at.

They make x profit on what they sell at suggested retail price.

They make x-y when they put those same items on sale.

They may still make a profit, but not as much as they would have before putting the item on sale.

At the same time their fixed costs (rent, wages, utilities, benefits etc., ) remain the same or increase due to raising costs of the fixed expenses.

The government is still getting revenue from the sale price on taxes. But they are bringing in less money than if they hadn’t put taxes on sale. And, the governments fixed costs are raising.

This isn’t rocket science.

Not always. Sometimes the discount if from the manufacturer or the distributor. If that’s the case and the retailer does their full mark up – they make more money than before. If enough are sold the distributor and/or manufacturor make more profit (you know income on a product vs expenses).

No they don’t. one place I worked at they had a 33% mark up on every product. So if they get it at a buck less from the manufacturer, they are still making 33% profit and if they sell MORE items at the lower price, they get more money.

And if you go to different stores and look at prices they can vary widely. Only one’s with “suggested retail” price are the one’s that have a price stamped or printed on the packaging/item.

I’ve shows how that can be incoorect. 100 items 10c each profit = $10 proffit. 300 items each at 5C each profit = $15. See how the profit increased by $5 when the price was cut in half?

Actually I didn’t care during Obama’s years either.

No I didn’t.

Sooooooooooooooooo………………………

Your saying tax cuts have never worked? :confused:

As with everything Trump. The Trump haters declare everything he does to be a failure after a very short time. Let’s wait for the full impact of the cuts to be felt. Give it a year or two and the we can see if they were effective.

Yep! The biggest liar in the history of mankind. Frothy Froth Froth. :rofl: