Trend Continues: Less Revenue From Tax Bill

That depends entirely on what you want them to do. They don’t increase revenues. Not at the rates we are talking about.

Tax cuts can and do spur economic growth. Why we need to spur economic growth when the economy is already improving doesn’t make any sense. It’s something you’d try if we were in a recession.

Don’t put words in my mouth. I said he’s lying about the effects. If you ever decide that you care enough to look into it, I’m sure you’d agree.

2 Likes

Cool, let’s really rack up the credit cards!

Not surprisingly, LIBs and conservatives can’t even agree on that basic issue. In my college economic courses, the course material showed conclusively that lower taxes do result in increased tax revenue.

A simple google search shows widely differing data from both sides. LIB authors show data making their case that they don’t result in increased revenue. Conservative authors show data making their case that they do result in increased revenue.

Our brief discussion reveals where we both land on this issue. I don’t see the value in pursuing it any further as you won’t convince me otherwise, and I’m sure there is nothing I could point to that would convince you.

It’s as if you think we have no historical basis for which we come to our conclusions. There’s nothing magical or new about Trump’s tax cuts. They will result in the same outcome. Lower revenues compared to the status quo baseline and higher deficits.

Tax cuts never result in higher revenue than the baseline. Never. Ever. Ever ever. Ever ever ever. Tax cuts. Do. Not. Pay. For. Themselves.

This is anything but a basic fact. I can pretty much guarantee your college course did not such thing. There are few if any legitimate economists who make this assertion and even fewer that have any data to support it.

You don’t want to talk about it because you know your position not based on solid information but on wishful thinking.

He probably actually believes that is EXACTLY what he learned in his college economics course, considering his ability to take what someone has stated, and then create out of whole cloth something that was never said, implied, or hinted at, which often times is the direct opposite of what said person had stated. :laughing:

1 Like

Wrong.

They bought 300 shirts and if they sold them all at $0.10 (as they originally intended) they will make more profit than if they sold 100 shirts at $0.10 and 200 at $0.5.

They only reduce the price to get the items off their shelves and make some profit off of them.

Reducing the price of the item reduces their profit margin.

There are no ifs, ands or buts about it.

I’m not going to respond anymore to you regarding this. Keep on believing your scenario and that tax cuts are going to increase the government’s revenue.

I can’t be bothered teaching stupid anymore.

So LIBs have all the answers and everyone else is full of it.

And you wonder why I have no interest in discussing this further. It would be an exercise in futility.

Not sure what your agenda might be, but I have long since written you off as just another LIB.

Point to a single case of a tax cut resulting in higher revenue compared to the baseline. Link to actual data and show your work. Thanks.

And yet there is ample data disputing that. Don’t ask me to point to it, because other members have already stated that the data is bogus, so I won’t waste my time.

Okay champ! Sounds about right. Desperation tends to force people to overreact emotionally and engage in the most simplistic forms of thinking.

1 Like

Nah. It’s not just libs. I’ve stated the position of basically all economists, liberal and conservative alike.

What I don’t like is people making things up.

That’s a load of crap.

Your college economics courses sucked if they taught you that.

Don’t point to it.

Do the work yourself.

Show that you’ve learned something in college.

College?!?!

:joy: :rofl:

1 Like