Trend Continues: Less Revenue From Tax Bill

Fake News!! Cons assured us tax cuts pay for themselves and lead to more revenue!!

Besides, Trump assured us he would balance the budget and eliminate our debt in 8 years. He’s the king of debt after all!!

Jan '17 344000 Jan 18 361000 Up 17000
Feb '17 172000 Feb 18 156000 down 1600 (still +1000)
Mar '17 217000 Mar '18 211000 down 6000 (down 5000)
Apr '17 456000 Apr '18 511000 Up 35000 (up 30000)
May '17 240000 May '18 217000 down 23000 (up 7000)
June '17 339000 june '18 314000 down 28000 (down 21000)

Collections is not down by very much. Lets give it a full year shall we and see how it comes out?

Kudlow is lucky that he is retirement age because it sure seems that he doesn’t care about his credibility.
But hey, it’s an article from CNBC so I assume that it is just fake news.

The trend is clear - we’re collecting less revenue than the previous year as a result of the tax bill. Besides during recessions, can you name a single other case where revenues have dropped from the previous year? This is truly astounding.

LOL at dumb Trumpkins still believing it you cut the amount of revenue collected, revenue will increase.

When your boss cuts your pay does your monthly income go up?

They will never learn.

When you cut taxes, immediatly you are going to get a decrease in revenue. Will how much the taxes were cut (both personal and corporate) it’s doing amazingly well. Lilke I said lets give it a year and see how the numbers are doing.

Either way, congress SHOULD be taking a hatchet to the budget.

So businesses that put things on sale (aka price cuts) are expecting to make less money?

Yes, they make less money.

Things go on sale when businesses need to cut their loses. They still are losing revenue.

So you agree that revenues go down with tax cuts.

Interesting. That goes against everything we are told about tax cuts from the administration.

Ahh, wishing upon conservative free market fairies to do their work. Awesome fiscal policy.

LOL!

Were you born yesterday?

Convenient pretext for SS and Medicare cuts!

1 Like

No much change really. But yes, we had tax cuts.

They go down in the beginning. That’s basics. But if done right, then they will go back up to where it was, or even higher.

There is a thing called diminishing returns. You know when the tax rate gets so low that it can’t recover from it. Same with raising taxes. It gets to a point where it doesn’t bring in more revenue.

Fun part is trying to find that perfect “sweet spot”

I’ve had that philosophy for years. And I’ll keep the philosophy until it gets cut.

I asked before, were you on the other board and have you seen my balanced budget amendment proposal?

How do you know when you’ve found the “sweet spot”? Given a long enough time frame, revenues always go up. Inflation, population growth, economic growth all continue. You cant say that just because revenues go up eventually that tax cuts don’t decrease revenues as compared to if taxes weren’t cut. It takes more sophisticated analysis. No legitimate economist that I know of that has done such analysis thinks we are anywhere close to the “sweet spot” which is likely so high they no one seriously wants to go there.

So you sell 100 items making 10 cents profit on each.
put it on sell for some off, and sell 300 items and make 5 cents profit on each.

Do you make more money full price or on sale?

No. And you asked me that before about you balance budget amendment.

You’re a person posting on the Internet, nothing more. Your proposal means diddly squat.

There is never going to be a balanced budget amendment.

No you still make less because you were expecting to sell 300 items at 10 cents. You were expecting 3000 dollars and you actually only got 1500.

So once again Trump haters have declared Trump to be a failure. Let’s see how this plays out over the next couple of years.

Of course Trump haters will do no such thing. Its over. He has already failed.

I really do hope DEMs run on a platform to undo these tax cuts. I really do.