Top former intelligence bosses speak out in favor of John Brennan

It might be instructive to compare this letter with the responses of Trump’s supporters in the legislature, where a GOP senator dismissed Brennan as a “butt head.”

4 Likes

Since when can the president not be criticized? This is still a democracy.

The more you attack the more they will come back at you.

Why did Brennan get fired?

I have no problem with that but…as a former intelligence director, the criticism must be constructive and not destructive. When an individual can not discern the difference, their security clearance should be removed…immediately…as in this case. Surely you agree?

yeah, you’re probably right. Trump doesn’t constantly tweet crazy stuff.

In April 2014, Brennan visited Kiev where he met with Ukrainian Prime Minister [Arseniy Yatsenyuk] and First Deputy Prime Minister [Vitaliy Yarema] and purportedly discussed intelligence-sharing between the United States and Ukraine.

:rofl:

Why do you think this is funny? I have a guess why but I want to hear your reasoning.

It’s hilarious.

Why is it hilarious? Why is it hilarious that the director of the CIA would want to share intelligence with the new Ukrainian government after it overthrew the Moscow puppet government and had their territory militarily annexed by Russia?

of course people care. Trump has been acting like a punk/brat his entire life and now his daily tweets just simply prove it.

now, we get to see if those swing voters approve or not. not only in november but also in 2020.

No, I don’t. This is still a democracy. I hate to play whatabout, but I didn’t see a lot of restricting when Obama was president. And there shouldn’t have been. When security professionals have been fairly unanimous that Trump is making mistakes, they should be able to say so. If they are being muffled, that’s an even bigger problem.

1 Like

You’re looking up a timeline for Ukraine in 2014 right now aren’t you?

2 Likes

I think the important word in Sneaky’s first post is “purportedly.” He doesn’t know and either do I what the real reason for the meeting is.

i would argue that people haven’t criticized the President nearly enough for his childish tweets.

1 Like

Why would that matter? Why would there be anything wrong with the CIA working with the new Ukrainian government in April 2014. That’s when their Anti-Terrorist Operation started in Donbas to root out the Russians and their pet rebels.

yeah. really, really weird.

I’m betting money that Sneaky just doesn’t know anything about Ukraine and just saw Brennan meeting with Ukrainians and somehow to him it’s the same as Manafort.

i wish we’d gotten some intel ahead of time about the people that Putin poisoned from somewhere (like Ukraine, etc). maybe we could have passed it on and saved some of those that were murdered.

When an intelligence head starts talking about the POTUS being treasonous…that’s destructive. If you don’t agree…then no security clearance for you…and that’s final.

1 Like