Tom Cotton - Army Ranger?

Thought we were talking about the ones in your photo. If those were fixed they would be more likely to cause damage.

why not just a blunt single piece of metal?

why do they have to be on a wheel?

The rolling is a different signal.

in order to get the astronaut badge you have to complete a space flight

@WuWei’s spurs are proof that the Tab vs Scroll debate is best left to those that wear them. lol

1 Like

To get the gold pin, not the rank.

From Astronaut ranks and positions - Wikipedia

NASA ranks and positions[edit]

Ranks[edit]

Members of the NASA Astronaut Corps hold one of two ranks. Astronaut Candidate is the rank of those training to be NASA astronauts.

Upon graduation, candidates are promoted to Astronaut and receive their Astronaut Pin. The pin is issued in two grades, silver and gold, with the silver pin awarded to candidates who have successfully completed astronaut training and the gold pin to astronauts who have flown in space.

Not for nothing…for those of you in this thread who served this nation…
Thank you! It’s an honor to know you…even if only through the internet.

Follow up question to those with a Ranger tab, did they ever go up to someone with a scroll and tell them “I’m a Ranger too.”

Or more likely, they would just say they were tabbed or they passed RiP.

Simple answer:
That would be a stupid thing to do.

Pretty bad idea. In general. Tell them anything.

interesting.

…jingle jangle jingle

Ranger School is no joke, I took care of those guys and washouts were common. Grueling stuff.

He might have exaggerated, so be it. He served.

He didn’t.

By the way, this was an epic fail on P-anon’s part and Jackass Sollenberger should have his Meal Card stamped “No Dessert” for trying it.

He didn’t serve overseas as a Ranger, functioning in that capacity. Means little to me, he still served and I am grateful for his service.

Yes he did. He is a Ranger. He was not a member of a Ranger Battalion. He was expected (and no doubt did) apply the TTPs he was taught to the combat operations he fought.

He never claimed he was in a Ranger Battalion.

Separate note. During Vietnam, Ranger companies were separated out and assigned to divisions, including the 101st Legs, which was Cotton’s Division.

He is a Ranger and he fought as a Ranger-qualified leader in the 101st. He is also Airborne qualified, is he not a paratrooper?

Ranger yes. Batt Boy no. He didn’t claim to be a Batt Boy.

If the Batt Boys want to check him, they can. Nobody else can say ■■■■■ Especially not a mealy mouthed reporter who never served anything than another helping of tofu.

1 Like

Fair enough, excellent explanation.

Thank you.

1 Like

What is wrong with you?

In 2005, Cotton was commissioned in the United States Army, where as an infantry officer he rose to the rank of captain. His military record includes service in wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, where he was awarded the Bronze Star and Combat Infantryman Badge.

1 Like