Tom Cotton - Army Ranger?

Spurs look new.

Rockin’ these bad boys like right the ■■■■ now!

His father (my brother) bought it. Went with him to get and everything.

Blumenthal served six years in the USMC Reserve and never left the US despite his repeated assertions he served in Vietnam. Not sure what his job was attaining the rank of Sergeant but Tom Cotton earned his tab and was deployed. Did he ever assert he was part of the 75 th?

Thanks for the update.

1 Like

They were then

Yepp. Different boots are appropriate for different locations.

Got my steel toes for real work, and my dress boots for those rare occasions I go out. Tennis shoes for the job since I’m standing and walking around all day.

Let me ask you a question that might clear up your opinion, and I don’t think there is a set correct answer.

Say a guy gets selected by NASA. He goes through the whole training process and passes.

But he never goes to space.

Is he an astronaut?

Ambiguous question. But I was always under the impression “astronauts” rode the big firecracker into space. NASA does employ a lot of people associated with the space programs.

That’s why I said there’s not really a correct answer.

You can go to Ranger school, pass everything and be qualified to be a ranger, but never serve in a Ranger Batt.

Same with a lot of other special military schools.

Perhaps a good analogy would be earning a degree in electrical engineering and then going to law school and lawyering after instead.

Certainly still an engineer and likely applying that discipline as a lawyer.

It is remarkable how many people lawyer and are doctors and engineers also.

Question(s) for those who served and do not have a Ranger tab:

Did you ever tell someone with a Ranger tab that they’re not a Ranger? What was their response? :thinking:

No, they are astronauts whether they go to space or not.

Why do spurs have wheel on the back instead of just a stationary edge to jab the horse with?

Would you rather be sliced with a butcher knife, or a pizza cutter?

Because spurs are not to “jab”, they are to signal.

Sliced. Tsk, tsk.

Meh, not sure the precise way spurs work, never used them. I do understand that generally speaking a fixed sharp thing does more damage than something that turns.

The spurs he is talking about aren’t sharp. They have a knob on the end. English riders use them.

ToklatLadiesSpur