Today on Capitol Hill

https://tips.fbi.gov/digitalmedia/aad18481a3e8f02

575 woman arrested…

Allan

It was civil disobedience, a sit in, just wait and sit and then be arrested.

If the invaders did this I would have been cool with it.

Allan

It’s a shame that Covid didn’t bring us together. But leadership matters. How you handle the threat matters. There is no guarantee that an external threat will do it, as we see this year.

Senator Warnock was once arrested for praying on the capitol grounds.

meanwhile Wednesday the cops took selfies with the mob.

No I didn’t. I may have argued they chose the wrong thing to impeach him for but I have been entirely consistent during his entire Presidency that he was unfit for the office and should be impeached.

Shame you weren’t there to even the odds for them. As I am sure you are much braver when facing thousand to one odds.

You don’t get why impeachment is so bad for Trump, it is not that he may be removed, but impeachment can also carry the penalty of barring the accused from ever seeking Federal office again.

That is a punishment Trump would mourn more. No more campaigning.

1 Like

And there goes his best chance at a viable, legal revenue stream.

7 Likes

I think his next trip to the capitol will bring a slightly different outcome…

Allan

It’s only some “people’s house”…

1 Like

True - but why were they so undermanned?

BLM protest = mobilizing the national guard.

They mobilize the NG for every BLM protest before anything happens? Doubt it. The answer is because this was an unprecedented event. They weren’t expecting it to happen.

Then they are idiots.

The president promised a ‘wild protest’.

One look at the crowd in teh morning, at the goofy military style outfits, and the seething hate filled tone of the rally should have put them on notice.

Well not the national guard but the entire Dover police force was in attendance at the Dover BLM protest this summer. They knew what was coming so they had a show of force.

Allan

It could be, but probably not.

There have been any number of peaceful protests involving people wearing goofy outfits. Nobody ever stormed the capitol building, not in recent history at any rate. It is going to tremendously expensive to deploy adequate police and or troops to ensure complete control of crowds of that size and bigger on the off chance they get squirrely.

BLM has a track record of violent protest, what track record did these people have?

That is not true.

93% of the protests were as peaceful as Dover’s was.

Allan