Time to Tear Down Some Statues and Rename Some Roads, Holiday? New mlk Biography

Ralph Abernathy was the SCLC Deputy Director and King’s constant companion during the Civil Rights campaign.

Abernathy wrote a book “And the Walls Came Tumbling Down” in 1989, shortly before his death.
Abernathy wrote about King’s numerous affairs and said he was with a different woman every night.
According to Abernathy, King had sex with three women and beat up another woman the night before he was shot.

100%, happy to not have ended up a ditch digger or bathroom cleaner

Now have have we figured out if its “Time to Tear Down Some Statues and Rename Some Roads, Holiday?”

yup. we need to leave the participation trophies up but changing some road names is fine too

1 Like

You haven’t “ended up” yet. It could happen to you tomorrow. And you are not better than they are now. You need a humbling. Mind your karma.

Consider reading both a post and the post to which it was a response. Context answers your query.

I did. He’s “from” New York now. Not the south.

Totalitarians who supported freedom for everybody except blacks?

alternative totalitarians. half the calorie and all of the hate ;p

They didn’t. They didn’t support it for a lot of people. Hippies, the poor, foreigners, among others.

Ok…

Glad we could agree. You do understand I’m not claiming the same degree, right?

Of course.

Good, I like that.

1 Like

Well if you go by the logic liberals display for our southern heritage, yes. But as we see the goalposts will be moved by liberals to show their hypocrisy.

So what?

Appeal to authority fail. He doesn’t speak for the south. He gave up that privilege.

Nope. Not being from there now doesn’t mean he can’t ever speak to the experience of living there.

As a lifelong southerner, I extend the grace of southern hospitality to his ability to speak on the matter.

Hopefully that doesn’t hurt you.

He doesn’t get a vote now.

Not a vote-just the ability to speak to his experience.

He has no experience pulling down statues or being a slave.