Time to Tear Down Some Statues and Rename Some Roads, Holiday? New mlk Biography

Yes it is

To conserve them. The dem pols reacted, they didn’t act. Just like Obama and DACA.

1 Like

It’s a great thread. Which identity is greater.

@PurpnGold let’s say this is true, does it change anything for you?

“The title of the thread mentioned nothing of his philandering in conjuction with the removal of said items. Neither did the body.“

These type of threads allow you to clearly see which posters rail against racism and which ones defend it…

Yup its sad

why would they need more laws to conserve them, unless your suggesting the government refused them those rights.

I agree. Take a person’s personal life and accomplishments in context. Sure, their personal life may play a part in their overall story, but it shouldn’t be used to discount their achievements, if their achievements are considered noteworthy by society.

Even Lincoln could be considered to have faults as there are allegations he had an extramarital homosexual relationship. He also suspended the writ of habeas corpus which is a “sin” to some.

If we’re going to try to erase people from history because of any possible flaw, there will be no one left. No one is perfect. Everyone has done things others won’t like if you dig deep enough.

4 Likes

What’s racist about this thread?

What it allows us to see is who rails against the FBI and who defends it.

Good post. I agree.

2 Likes

They didn’t.

How about the government refused to enforce the law.

Don’t let it go to your head…I 100 percent agree.

2 Likes

Just for the record, the thought of tearing down MLK status disturbs me as much as those others.

It’s all part of our history. The good and the bad.

Yes. Not a chance I’d still support him as a man.

I can respect that. It doesn’t for me.

The book doesn’t claim that. Reread your article

100+ posts in…have we figured out if its “Time to Tear Down Some Statues and Rename Some Roads, Holiday?”

Oh, you got MLK now!

Try to keep up, mmmkay?

We’ve figured out you feel you’re better than the lady who cleans your bathrooms and ditch diggers.