Time to end government subsidies for public broadcasting?

Here are some of the thing PBS provides for Parent for free.

Educational materiel for learning, Math, Reading, Spelling, etc
Educational games for children
Educational craft that you can do with your children
Meal planning to keep your children health
Mental and Physical planning to help develop young children
Hours of commercial free educational TV programming.

Your Child suffer from a learn disability such as minor dyslexia? PBS has resources to help them learn.

PBS has done more to help educate children then any other organization in America.

Moar corporate tax cuts

PBS has Sesame Street so there may be justification funding based on education. On the other hand, commercial television stations sell program time for infomercials and religious broadcasts, so a funding educational television does not require a network of public television stations.

I know of no radio programs similar to Sesame Street. What does NPR do to educate children? Why does it receive a subsidy?

NPR also creates a ton of podcasts… some of those are educational.

As far as educational programming for radio… Radiolab, Planet Money, Science Friday et al

Like coal?

Why not? Drop in the bucket for a little bit of art in the world. Maybe cancel a couple military jets once a year.

Or cancel tax breaks FNC and other networks get.

Just shows that Obama is a political animal. I listen to NPR, and am still as conservative as I’ve ever been. I don’t particularly like Fox, as a conservative. NPR is a great news source because it’s pretty in-depth. The commentators are very leftwing, but the news is fair. PBS and NPR shouldn’t be directly funded by the government, but they should be tax-free.

1 Like

Nah I’m just too nice to say what I really think about your “word”. :sunglasses:

You’ve got nothing

Sounds like a Bolshevik nightmare. Those children need to learn rigorous self-reliance and selfless discipline, not grow fat on the free cheese of godless communist programming.

NPR gives all views. Though it’s often clear that the place is “infested with libs” the reporting is top notch and gives both sides fair and equal coverage. It’s something a reporter actually has to work at and be cognizant of at all times, which just doesn’t happen in network news.

Of any stripe.