Time to end government subsidies for public broadcasting?

Can you provide a link to one of those statements thx

Bill already explained it to you. If you want npr fund it yourself.

No he didnt. Please relink. Thanks. Looks like you’re talking out your bum bum

I have no reason to doubt Bill.

I have every reason to doubt you based on your posting history. Have a nice night.

In other words you and Bill cant back up your claim that you’ve seen the NPR say that “virtually all of their funding comes from private sources”. Sorry. This isnt talk radio. You cant just say things and not be asked to back it up.

3 Likes

That’s how the CEC operates. Just believe anything I guess

The Wikipedia quote with a reference to an NPR website that you provided claims that only 2% of the funds come from the federal government.

On the other hand, if you got to the actual reference from Wikipedia shows 5.8% in federal funding not counting funds through the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. It also says this about federal funding:

Federal funding is essential to public radio’s service to the American public. Its continuation is critical for both stations and program producers, including NPR.
https://web.archive.org/web/20120319015536/http://www.npr.org/about/aboutnpr/publicradiofinances.html

If it were really only 2%, then why is it essential? If it really much greater than 2%, then where did the 2% figure come from?

No it doesnt. It says 2% is funding from the DOE and DOC. It also noted the amount that comes from grants to member stations. And not all university funding is federal.

I’m still waiting for your claim to be backed up that you see statements that “virtually all of their funding comes from private sources”

Since you cant, I guess you’ll just have to continue to cherry pick and distort

No one and no article claims only 2% of NPR is publicly funded. You’re talking out your bumbum

If you want coal, fund it yourself.

Funny. You quoted this from the wikiarticle. So much for your 2% :rofl:.

“. . . NPR does not receive any direct federal funding . . .” according to the Wikipedia quote. The NPR website referenced in Wikipedia say 5.8%.

This sounds like doubletalk to me. Whether the funds go directly to NPR or go through the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, or through state-funded universities it is all government subsidies.

Lol look at you snipping and cherry picking. The wiki article literally a paragraph above that breaks down the funding from Grant’s and universities. You even ■■■■■■■ quoted it like the 4th post in this thread hahaha

lol, this thread went from a roar to a whimper, quibbling about <5%. now …

Bill has no ball to run home with :pensive:

Poor Bill, who’s can he find to spite next?

1 Like

Look at all that doublespeak!

Still waiting on him to show a statement of the NPR saying virtually all their funding is public. The only thing he can do is talk out if both sides of his mouth, snipping 6 words out of articles to prove a “point”

No and here is the reason.

2 Likes

PBS is one of the most important educating services America has for children.

They tried to dismantle PBS in the 60’s.

Mr Roger gave one speech about the importance of Children programming and Congress doubled their funding.

That was the weirdo who played with barbies, huh? Liberal whackos!